• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

489 case - complete

I just saw this thread and have experience with this ad/company. I sent them a number of questions via ebbay as the price was attractive and I view Yukon Gear products as quality. The rep from the company could not answer questions about the lack of a yoke or whether the unit is compatible with thrust buttons and factory axles (adjustment). In the end, I contacted Yukon gear directly and got the following info from them which I forwarded to the ebbay seller:

New message to: superior.auto.parts (16,423
YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star
)​

I got the correct info from Yukon. It does not come with the yoke ( about $100.00 extra) The pinion spline count is 29 (fine spline) need-to-know to order proper yoke. It can be used with factory adjustable axles as it comes with the thrust buttons installed. Non-adjustable "green" bearings are not required. I hope this helps you answer other customer questions and provide decent service.​

So when all is said and done, I will go with Dr Diff as well for my purchase.

Question about Dr Diff 489 case. It arrived about a week ago and was packaged very well. I have video of un-boxing. So if anyone would like to see it - just let me know. I have 1350 u joints and Cass was in disagreement with me about the size. I said I'll eat it if it's wrong and they built it and sent it out to me. I was curious about the yoke size and I work at a parts retailer, so I grabbed a 1350 U-joint off of the shelf and a strange thing happed... It would not fit in the yoke with the retaining clips - but it will fit without the retaining clips. I think that's fine - But I've never seen a U joint without any clips before. I'm no expert and it seemed very odd to me. The yoke does have grooves for retaining clips on the outside edges but not the inner. I provided a few pics of the fit - If someone would take a look and share their thoughts, I would appreciate it very much. I think it's fine but a confirmation would help put me at ease. Thanks

20231214_160823.jpg

20231214_161117.jpg

20231214_161355.jpg

Have to agree.. why would you care about clips when you have that excellent mounting system.

Auto Transport Service
Back