• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

511 breaths once again

Wookie316

Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
572 had to come out as I have some issues to address with it, so the 511 gets the nod. It has a different cam than before, so no idea what it may ET or MPH? Now need a date with a track to test.

IMG_0364.jpeg

Looking good. What happened to the 572?
Doug

Looking good. What happened to the 572?
Doug
Filter full of aluminum. Need to find out where it is coming from. Also had some witness marks on the T&D rockers, so that needs to be addressed as well. Have enough room before CB that a -.050 keeper should fix that, but need to see where the bulk of the aluminum came from? Marks on the rockers are not deep enough for the amount I found in the filter.

Good to hear you're still in operation! Bad to hear we can't try them out a SIR till June :rolleyes:.
At least you have Rad Torque.
Have you looked at the spring pockets?

Good to hear you're still in operation! Bad to hear we can't try them out a SIR till June :rolleyes:.
At least you have Rad Torque.
Have you looked at the spring pockets?
I heard that nasty rumor. So when does the track open up or do they even know yet still diagnosing yet but the one spring I pulled was ok underneath.

I heard that nasty rumor. So when does the track open up or do they even know yet still diagnosing yet but the one spring I pulled was ok underneath.
I've only heard second hand news but sounds like all of may is out. The grinding guys won't be here for a while

What's the 511 combo, you specific combo,
please refreshen my/our interested readers memory ?,
don't need every spec. just an update, curious

front cover aluminum ? cam trust button ?
scuffing pistons ?
what else wear parts, 'beside the rockers' or spacers is/are alum. inside the engine ?
is the oil pump case/or cover alum.,
or some other parts, that move

hopefully not bearing materials,
should be able to tell the difference, different hues

Car sound great, car looks great, as always

good luck, when the tracks finally open
we've had a brutal winter here too, 3 straight

572 had to come out as I have some issues to address with it, so the 511 gets the nod. It has a different cam than before, so no idea what it may ET or MPH? Now need a date with a track to test.

View attachment 1658977

What's the 511 combo, you specific combo,
please refreshen my/our interested readers memory ?,
don't need every spec. just an update, curious

front cover aluminum ? cam trust button ?
scuffing pistons ?
what else wear parts, 'beside the rockers' or spacers is/are alum. inside the engine ?
is the oil pump case/or cover alum.,
or some other parts, that move

hopefully not bearing materials,
should be able to tell the difference, different hues

Car sound great, car looks great, as always

good luck, when the tracks finally open
we've had a brutal winter here too, 3 straight
Haven’t gotten deep enough into the 572 to determine what is all up with it yet. But once I tear into it, I’m sure the answer will reveal itself.

The 511 (old faithful) is a 13.5-1 400 block, billet mains, 4.250x 4.375 with Indy EZ-1 heads. Indy single plane manifold with a Wilson port job. 2” 4 hole taper spacer. 1050 AED Dominator
TTI step headers.
Car ran 10.teens @ 133 with the cam that is now in the 572.
The cam now in it is 269/276 @ .050 with .740 lift.
Cope 727 RMVB with low gear set. 9.5” converter and 4.10 Dana.

Here is the 572 last year through 3” full exhaust.

:thankyou: for the follow up, sounds like a nice combo too,
for a heavy car not too shabby either...

Car sounds, looks, works great & leaves nice too :thumbsup:

:thankyou: for the follow up, sounds like a nice combo too,
for a heavy car not too shabby either...

Car sounds, looks, works great & leaves nice too :thumbsup:
I’m limited to 10.0. So the 572 had an ET Genie on it and the reason I ran through exhaust. That motor easily capable of high 9.70’s opened up on a good air day. Not bad for 4000 pounds with me in it.

I’m limited to 10.0. So the 572 had an ET Genie on it and the reason I ran through exhaust. That motor easily capable of high 9.70’s opened up on a good air day. Not bad for 4000 pounds with me in it.
That's an understatement, pretty damn good I'd say...

I must say I am impressed with TTI. Two different sets of headers, one for set for my low deck 400 and another for my RB, and the mid-pipes fit for both sets. Impressive.

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

I've only heard second hand news but sounds like all of may is out. The grinding guys won't be here for a while
I was out for coffee with the R. Sub Div gang this morning and no one mentioned for sure it’s moved back. Will definitely make it an item tomorrow. I was banking on 2 weeks. Crap.

I was out for coffee with the R. Sub Div gang this morning and no one mentioned for sure it’s moved back. Will definitely make it an item tomorrow. I was banking on 2 weeks. Crap.
Perfect, would like to hear the minutes of the R.S.D.G meeting... :lol:

I've been meaning to go out there and " check the camper", so to speak.

Gonna test the car this Friday in Edmonton. See what it runs.

Not a bad night of testing. Won $500 for having the best reaction of the night. My last pass and according to the time slip, 30 seconds before the contest closed at 9PM.
Car is slower, but as I expected. Will need to fine tune shock adjustment for the lower power level, but all in all a win for the evening.

Have to sort out an issue with the vacuum canister filling with oil. Which has me scratching my head because I’m using the same valve cover I used on the 572. So will dig into that.

IMG_0449.png

Auto Transport Service
Back