• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

528 Hemi, Oil?

SSSN8KE

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
What brand and viscosity oil are you guys running? I have a 528 Hemi and was told to use 10W40 from the previous owner.

My opinion, all depends on what are the bearing clearances, rod & main, rod side clearance & what oil system (stock or modified).

Agree with 66. Depends on the engine builder.
For reference, in my 500 hemi, I use Joe Gibbs 10W40 mineral oil, not synthetic.

What brand and viscosity oil are you guys running? I have a 528 Hemi and was told to use 10W40 from the previous owner.
There are a lot of variables that you haven't talked about or don't know. If it's a 528, it's definitely not a stock configuration, it might even be someone's crate engine. Valve train, stock or roller? If the previous owner said 10W40 that's great. Zinc or no zinc? Brand? Let us know more specifics and you might get more help.

I run Brad Penn or Rotella 15w40 diesel oil in my 528 Hemi with .050 restrictors. Not stock. I run a dual external pick up, 10 qt dragster pan. Ray Barton rocker system with spray bars and Morose 4 vane vacuum pump.

Thanks guys looks like it's time to do some more investigation on my motor.

Thanks again!

Have you done a oil sample to tell if your oil is even working. Like others have said what does this engine live fore drags street weekends etc. I agree you must dig deeper.

Auto Transport Service
Back