• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572-13 Indy Heads or B1 Brodix?

I ran 9.88@ 3750 lbs with 440EZ heads. No custom made headers needed...just sayin if you're watching the budget

That's very Impressive indeed!! Especially with that weight!! About what do a pair of those heads cost after the heads are CNC Ported? What cubic inch engine do you have them installed on?

- - - Updated - - -

Just for comparison nothing against the B1 heads wish I could have gotten a set but I did get the Victor Max wedge heads cnc ported and with just a 45 degree angle on the seat not a full valve job here are the flow numbers
int. exh
.200- 165 117
.300- 228 166
.400- 291. 203
.500- 340 237
.600- 366 253
.700- 381 265
.800- 391 270
.900- 393 276

WOW!! Those are wonderful flow #'s on your Victor Max Wedge heads. I had no idea they'd flow like that. Who did the CNC Porting for you? Thx.

I've seen some Victor flow numbers lately that exceed -1 Indys. Does anybody have results in the car with a set of Victors?
Doug

WOW!! Those are wonderful flow #'s on your Victor Max Wedge heads. I had no idea they'd flow like that. Who did the CNC Porting for you? Thx.[/QUOTE]

Cncport.com did mine they used mine for the program. With even just a 50 degree it would be over 400 cfm, with a full valve job I'd guess it would puch 420+ cfm but I'm not sure haven't gotton mine to that point yet

Quote Originally Posted by actionange1 View Post
67 Belvedere ll. Race ready weight of 3775 with driver and 1/2 tank fuel. All steel other than glass frt bumper and hood. Stock interior with roll up windows and both frt bench and rear seat. Chrome moly 10 pt. cage.
540 Mega block with 13.0 compression, .685 lift cam with 285@ .050 duration. Indy 440 EZ heads Max Wedge ported by Dwayne Porter with Indy single plane intake and a Holley Dominator. Hooker 2 inch headers. 727 with Ultimate (Thanks Lenny) converter. 8 3/4 rear with spring relocation (3/4 move in), 3.91 ratio, Mark Williams axles and spool. 10 x 28 Hoosier slicks.
Best (so far) 9.99@ 133 mph.
UPDATE:
New bests
9.88@ 136.49mph with a 1.37 sixty foot at Island Dragway today

That's very Impressive indeed!! Especially with that weight!! About what do a pair of those heads cost after the heads are CNC Ported? What cubic inch engine do you have them installed on?

- - - Updated - - -

WOW!! Those are wonderful flow #'s on your Victor Max Wedge heads. I had no idea they'd flow like that. Who did the CNC Porting for you? Thx.

Just for comparison nothing against the B1 heads wish I could have gotten a set but I did get the Victor Max wedge heads cnc ported and with just a 45 degree angle on the seat not a full valve job here are the flow numbers
int. exh
.200- 165 117
.300- 228 166
.400- 291. 203
.500- 340 237
.600- 366 253
.700- 381 265
.800- 391 270
.900- 393 276

Sweet #'s

not to hi-jack someone else's thread,
but some others might also want to know...

Please refresh my memory & tell us what they are going on & in,
what rockers, camshaft & lifters, valve size, valve-train components,
what type/size induction, bore size etc., we need more details

thanks

Well and sorry if I'm thread jacking as well but it's for my next motor build, a 572 pr 604 twin turbo build, cam specs will be custom from bullet cams, solid roller with 1.6 int and 1.7 exh roller rockers, smith bros push rods. Just slowing piecing it together, have GRP aluminum 7.100 rods for it, Callie's crank and custom diamond Pistons. Would like to go with a KB block but we shall see. That's the game plan, slow process, it will be a while just needed to get the heads for the program cause they hooked me up with a good discount on the cnc.

Quote Originally Posted by actionange1 View Post
67 Belvedere ll. Race ready weight of 3775 with driver and 1/2 tank fuel. All steel other than glass frt bumper and hood. Stock interior with roll up windows and both frt bench and rear seat. Chrome moly 10 pt. cage.
540 Mega block with 13.0 compression, .685 lift cam with 285@ .050 duration. Indy 440 EZ heads Max Wedge ported by Dwayne Porter with Indy single plane intake and a Holley Dominator. Hooker 2 inch headers. 727 with Ultimate (Thanks Lenny) converter. 8 3/4 rear with spring relocation (3/4 move in), 3.91 ratio, Mark Williams axles and spool. 10 x 28 Hoosier slicks.
Best (so far) 9.99@ 133 mph.
UPDATE:
New bests
9.88@ 136.49mph with a 1.37 sixty foot at Island Dragway today

Oh Man............That's OUTSTANDING actionange1!! Thanks much from the car's description and overall combination you have.

Island Dragway? Is that the strip in Hacketstown NJ? I thought it had shut down a few years ago? Send a few pictures if you have any.
****Thanks to everyone especially joe34 for allowing all of us to share your thread and this valuable information and personal experiences. :headbang:

Oh Man............That's OUTSTANDING actionange1!! Thanks much from the car's description and overall combination you have.

Island Dragway? Is that the strip in Hacketstown NJ? I thought it had shut down a few years ago? Send a few pictures if you have any.
****Thanks to everyone especially joe34 for allowing all of us to share your thread and this valuable information and personal experiences. :headbang:

Actionange is outstanding
And he's very photogenic too.

Neto runnerup 9_28-14.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure about the outstanding
But certainly photogenic...:sSig_thankyou:

View attachment 227396

My good side?
Or a smiling mug shot?

Whoa............Great Pictures Actionange!. Looks like you run in N/SS. What index do you run? Do you know a guy named Russ Berens who runs in the "Victory Series" N/SS? Russ became the only two time Champion of the Victory Series N/SS this year by winning the Championship again in 2014 in the 10 Flat index.

I run in the low 10s mostly with a dial your own system.
We on the east coast don't have segmented index system except for the 422 Motorsports group- they are in the Mid Atlantic area- too far to travel.
I know of Russ, but never net him personally. I have however purchased some parts from him on another board.

I run in the low 10s mostly with a dial your own system.
We on the east coast don't have segmented index system except for the 422 Motorsports group- they are in the Mid Atlantic area- too far to travel.
I know of Russ, but never net him personally. I have however purchased some parts from him on another board.

Action, did you know that I bought this car from Russ Berens years ago but it is alot different now. The Pinks photo is what it was like when I got it from him

Attachments

• 65%20hemi%20Belvedere%20PINKS.jpg
    65%20hemi%20Belvedere%20PINKS.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 10417490_1471754753108469_1962701216166049647_n.jpg
    10417490_1471754753108469_1962701216166049647_n.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 308
That's the bilge water from your boat.

I will NEVER deal with Indy again. I thought it was just me on the "worse than horrible" customer service. They treat you like yeah, yeah just give me your money and go away!

Go with the B1

It is too bad about the reported horrible customer service, etc from Indy Cylinder Head. I am not standing up for them but.....they are the only one who builds MOPAR motors....no one else does. 440 Source is a good supplier of Mopar 440 motor parts but they dont build motors/short blocks/etc.

Just ordered from INDY....

I just ordered a Hi Volume Dual Plane intake manifold for my Coronet because I believe I need a dual plane and their dual plane is probably the very best one available...as no one else (even Edelbrock) makes a really great hi volume dual plane...so I should be arriving any day now....hope everything goes ok....I will let you guys know. Thanks, mike

PS: after I I bolt it on (with my brand new Mighty Demon 850) I am going to make a few passed and them place my brand new 2" WILSON TAPERED SPACER under the carb and test the difference, if any, that the Wilson 2" tapered spacer makes....I will report the ET's with and without and let you guys know. Testing will be Feb 20-21-22 at Famoso drag strip (Bakerfield CA). This is the Test and Tune weekend before the MARCH MEET (I am pre-registered for it.)

Auto Transport Service
Back