• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572 or 541? I'm inclined to stick w/AndyF's approval, but...

Exactly and you don't need the oiling lines or the expensive Jesel rockers, would've been better for us as well but it was originally built as a 605ci motor so thats why the heads I guess.

I went with a 4.150 crank and 4.503 bore on my 528" Hemi only because I was having difficulty finding a 4.500 crank and got a great deal on the 4.150. I am more than happy with the end results.

4.500 bore will flow somewhat more with a 2"+? pipe.
2"+? pipe....
@440rb I'm only guessing that you are referring to header diameter??
I'm already going to have to replace my 1 year old, maybe 1,000 mile used (unfortunately with ZERO track use) 6 bolt billet steel flywheel I bought from Brewer's. The Molnar crank is an 8 bolt, and I'm not going to fight over that. It's probably as well, but I am hoping the 8 bolt will be "one and done" or if I have to replace it eventually it will be from many happy track miles 1320 feet at a time...
Anyway, I digress. I have TTi ceramic coated, polished headers now, but I'm afraid at 1⅞" they are probably not appropriate for the 572. I guess I'll be making use of the "For Sale" forum when the time comes, including my prized Weiand P3690982 6bbl Cross-Flow intake.

Well they used a 2" pipe on their head machine when testing the 270, but yes 1.7/8" hdr would be somewhat restrictive for such a large motor. On our RR the hdr (4" collector) is adequate but he only runs a 2.5" exhaust through to the rear cos thats what he had when a 440 and thats how its run@the track, I worked out from our weight/mph is only around 20>25hp loss according to the dyno numbers but he is chasing 10ths NA your not? and you'll have N20 which is going to be interesting with the stick. I reckon you could get away with a 2">2.1/8" step hdr which actually is what we have I think?..not sure, I was told but can't remember.

01 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Well they used a 2" pipe on their head machine when testing the 270, but yes 1.7/8" hdr would be somewhat restrictive for such a large motor. On our RR the hdr (4" collector) is adequate but he only runs a 2.5" exhaust through to the rear cos thats what he had when a 440 and thats how its run@the track, I worked out from our weight/mph is only around 20>25hp loss according to the dyno numbers but he is chasing 10ths NA your not? and you'll have N20 which is going to be interesting with the stick. I reckon you could get away with a 2">2.1/8" step hdr which actually is what we have I think?..not sure, I was told but can't remember.

View attachment 1227163
Oh, now I understand, you were referring to the flow bench so to speak.
I have electronic cutouts, and a 3" exhaust system, so with my current 440 6bbl, I don't notice much difference in performance, but open headers sound great. No, not chasing 1/10ths. I will see about the header change when the time comes. Nitrous may never happen, but I'd imagine if I do it will be only under certain conditions, not the whole 1320.

A few days late, but thanks.
I sent the check off for my rotating assembly as my birthday present to me...

A few days late, but thanks.
I sent the check off for my rotating assembly as my birthday present to me...
the best kind of present :bananadance:
you get exactly what you want :thumbsup:

I can see an even longer fbbo signiture now :poke:

I can see an even longer fbbo signiture now :poke:
:lol:
I don't see it because I'm on my phone 99% of my forum time. I'll have some abbreviations and editing to do for sure :bananadance:
EDIT: Thanks Budnicks, I actually read it and saw I needed to add my McLeod RXT dual disc clutch! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back