• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572 HEMI Cross Ram w/2 -770 Holleys - open to suggestions for intake change

Linden Johnson

old man driving a "wild n crazy" car
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
Im 70 yrs young and confess I dont have any experience w/this set-up. Previous owner installed the x-ram I'm thinking for looks. I don't like the way it runs. Puddling and having to run it strong to avoid fouling plugs. Is this common with this intake system? I am open to going to inline 2 carb set-up. I will very greatfully recieve your experienced advice.
Thanks so much.

carbs at Daryls.jpg

Im 70 yrs young and confess I dont have any experience w/this set-up. Previous owner installed the x-ram I'm thinking for looks. I don't like the way it runs. Puddling and having to run it strong to avoid fouling plugs. Is this common with this intake system? I am open to going to inline 2 carb set-up. I will very greatfully recieve your experienced advice.
Thanks so much.

View attachment 1408652
i had same setup 2 770's on the street.once i tuned my carbs i never fouled a plug. i leaned them out with IFR restrictors, changed pump cams , and 02 sensor. no lean surges with a stick either...

MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

I have a magnesium Hemi cross ram. Never had any issues previously once tuned. I now run a tunnel ram with two 1050's on my current Hemi.

Linden, I run my cross ram on the street. After some tuning, my plugs are looking good. However I find throttle response touchy. It’s either off or on so leaving a traffic light can be challenging without being a squirrel.
Same guy that worked on your car helped me with mine.
D84AF7AB-60B2-4B05-A266-6C9153372E91.jpeg

Love ur car bro - Cant wait to meet u and see it. Call me when u get a chance, id like to chat about something 204-768-3375. thnx

Saw a dyno test of a 426 cu.in Hemi 2x4 in line and crossram lost 50 hp with 2x4. On a 572 ? On the street you probably not miss it. If you haven't checked bolts inside manild for tightness DO IT. You have to remove carbs and adapter plates. Gasket compresses and bolts lose torque. Friend almost lost an engine!

The rams are effectively supercharging: the mass of air/fuel acquires momentum in the tube, and at least in the sonic rams, the sound wave is timed to hit the opening intake valve. Hence the hp loss if you switch out to 2x4 in line. Look at any contemporary car, you will find a form of ram tube, some with variable length. My Olds 4L Northstar V8 clearly had tubes tuned to 3-4000 rpm, when it would really take off, and run smoothly to 6500rpm. Magnificent motor!!

Stage V 2x4 single plane intake with dual Thunder 800s...if you want dual quads.

Works awesome.

327977106_496187196040844_2283200508987584804_n (2).jpg

Thanks so much.

View attachment 1408652
Not sure if you want all the horsepower possible? If so a tunnel ram would do that I am sure. On the street and for the nostalgic look I would keep the cross ram. But I just like crossrams, as mentioned tuning takes a little effort but once done they idle nice and have good low-end torque.

Here's a better pic for ya.....with the Indy X ram and the Weiand Tunnel Ram.

I love dual quads haha.

TQ11.jpg

271971275_658229978858764_5841695001122632562_n (3).jpg

Anyone out there know where I can find a Hemi Crossram manifold and carbs 0-4235 & 0-4236 ????
Thanks

Anyone out there know where I can find a Hemi Crossram manifold and carbs 0-4235 & 0-4236 ????
Thanks
Hi,
I saw the ad. You don't say if you are looking for a magnesium or MP. I have a new never used aluminum cross ram with a set of adapter plates that coes between the intake and carbs,This is from Chrysler development it has the 2 removable top plates for interior work or to reposition the carbs. I am asking $2395.00 plus ship. I just sold the new ,in Chrysler boxes, #4235 &4236 Carbs.

Auto Transport Service
Back