• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6.4 hemi- how hard will it be to use a factory computer and harness?

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
I am putting a 6.4 hemi in a 68 charger. I can buy a good harness and computer for a 6.4 for $ 300. Is this too much to pay? Also, will there ba a big issue with the factory stuff or will it be better to go with an aftermarket computer and harness?

Thanks!

That is an insane deal on the harness and computer. I dont know if you can tune the computer though. I dont know if the software has been hacked yet

the factory harness cant be used, but the computer can. Call Dave Weber at Modern Muscle and he'll give ya the low down.

Why can't the harness be used?

< Confused

I modified a stock harness for my needs out of a 2008 SRT8 300 and a 2006 Ram 5.7L ----

Something about the wheel speed sensors and the vvt, just passing along what I've heard. Call Dave Weber and get the low down.

You will end up doing a LOT of hacking into that harness and you really need to call Dave! The programming language is NOT compatible with anything else and your harness will tie into something else somewhere.

The speed sensors do more than just show the speed on the gauges, they are also part of the traction control, convertor lock/unlock, to name a few things.

Dave has a setup, it uses an aftermarket harness and the 09 ecm to make the VVT motors work. It is not cheap, but it is a good solution and it is tune-able

Auto Transport Service
Back