• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Pack idleing issues

Now we have another problem, no way you should be running 90 btdc at idle or for that matter any rpm. You should be somewhere near 34-36 all in. If you are actually at 90 btdc and you run her hard, you're fixing to blow a hole in a piston!
Now we have another problem, no way you should be running 90 btdc at idle or for that matter any rpm. You should be somewhere near 34-36 all in. If you are actually at 90 btdc and you run her hard, you're fixing to blow a hole in a piston!
b
got of Bill, thank you! Would that be 36 max with vac advance plugged?

All in, throttle it up to around 2500 rpm and check your timing with everything hooked up. As I said earlier, I use manifold vacuum on the distributor but that's sure to open a can of worms but no matter what, you should never be over roughly 36 for a street engine or detonation is a real and dangerous probability

Hey man when you had that vent hose hooked to the PCV port, you very likely had fuel being sucked into the intake from the bowl vent. Once you correct that, you should be able to adjust the idle and timing where it needs to be. I would say that was your biggest issue. Hope all this helps and you can get it righteous!

image.jpg
Will do! And many thanks. Plugged vacuum advance and set at 32. I am very appreciative of your knowledge and willingness to share it! Now I need to assemble the rest of the car and take it on the road to see how she feels.

Auto Transport Service
Back