• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 way adjustable seat - worth it?

All 1966 buckets came with those adjusters. It’s in the owners manual They were gone in 1967.

I put wood shims under the front to tilt seat back, way nicer. I like 6 way seats, but getting pricey.

The reproduction 6 way seats are poor quality and do not function and hold position, a friend bought one for a E body.

Had them in ‘64 too I know. Nice feature.

my upholstery guy went to a U pull it yard and got a base from a newer mopar . Paid very little for it. And bolted my stock seat to it...works great.............MO

The seat tracks usually have an extra hole towards the front to allow another inch or so of movement back. You have to relocate the spot welded bolts forward. Not a big effort to do and will get you a little more room.

The six way as previously mentioned gets you more positions not necessarily more leg room as the seat stays in a constant bottom/back configuration. I have used them in an attempt to increase leg room with no positive result. At 6'6", I find the manual 68-70 B bodies difficult to drive as the shift stick is always in my right leg. Doesn't matter if it is a bucket console or bench car, same result.

I have a restored original 6-way in the box ready to go if you are interested.

D

How about a 62 power 6 way ?
work.gif
Picture 164.jpg

. need details on what car he got it from.
I'm not sure. It was from a later 70's early 80's Dodge diplomat or dynasty? I think those bases are probably all the same for the 6 way. The controls were mounted in the door, but he moved that to beside the seat near the floor. No cutting or welding, but had to drill some holes. It works well and was less than $100.........................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back