• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Way Bucket Seat not working

Mopar Phil

Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
the 6 way for the drivers bucket seat in my 1970 Road Runner is not working.

Does anyone have information; schematics, trouble shooting tips?

Look under seat to see if spring steel wire that broke or came off. There are wires that unlock the tilt/track, if one broke only one side will unlock.

the seat release cable is missing; I have ordered a new one of those.
Is the 6 way controlled by that or, is there another cable that should be under the seat? If another cable; do you know a part number and/or a source to purchase one?

No but the hardened spring steel wire is available. Go to a hobby shop that sell model RC airplanes should have it. Comes in many diameters, you need3/64th. this what you need just find the right diameter but I'd buy it local if you can. pull the seat first it's 4 nuts and it's out. I made one from this wire before I sold a 6 way.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/music-wire

Thank You. Do you by chance have a diagram of how the cable should be connected?

I think if you pull the you'll be able to see where they go. There are small with 3/32" holes that connect side to side wire will go from one side to other. You may only need to lube a part to unstick it. Pull the before you do anything. Go to this download a 1970 Plymouth service manual. Scroll down it's below the Dodge manuals.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Look a little in service manual didn't see what your looking for. doesn't mean its not there. The online manuals for small stuff is harder to find.(for me)

Are these the same tracks (6 way) on a '71 B body ?

PG Classic in Canada sells China Repop seat tracks. I wonder where I can small hardware parts for them ,(Springs,cables and clips)

PG Classic in Canada sells China Repop seat tracks. I wonder where I can small hardware parts for them ,(Springs,cables and clips)

I had to add some newer heavier duty springs to mine. Over the years they lost their tension & wouldn't hold the gears together any longer causing it to tilt on me whenever I romped on it. Seems to work good now. I like the extra adjustment over the standard slide tracks only & it makes the seat sit up a little higher which I like in my car.

I didn't know there were 6 way power seats in our Mopars. how far back in years were they available. Older than 1970? I would like one for my 68 Satellite......................MO

These are the rare 6 way Manual seat tracks. Factory option for Some Late 1960's early 1970's B and E bodies.

I didn't know there were 6 way power seats in our Mopars. how far back in years were they available. Older than 1970? I would like one for my 68 Satellite......................MO
Figure at least $300 if you do ebay. Sold one 5/6 years ago $250.

Auto Transport Service
Back