• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62-65 Car show

From a buddy's garage
20200228_112648.jpg
View attachment 916351

Grandma bought this car new in 1965 and yes, she drove it like she stole it!
I'm just about finished after 10yrs of work.

65 coronet.jpg motor 1.jpg

The bride and I in front of my old 64 Belvedere, sometime around 1991 or so.

1848B81E-0C87-4FD4-A1F4-5F275FBFCE92.jpeg

So I ordered new front seat covers, foam and a rear package tray from Legendary Auto Interiors 6 weeks or so back. UPS drop a box on the front porch today and I got excited. Then a little disappointed as it was just the seat foam. I tore out the old ragged carpet several years back. I have new black carpet to put in but I need to get the floorboards cleaned up first and patch some pin holes. Looking going to change all the carpet to black but leave the seats the pearl white. Eventually I'll get the rear seats done also.

DSCN0041.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

So I ordered new front seat covers, foam and a rear package tray from Legendary Auto Interiors 6 weeks or so back. UPS drop a box on the front porch today and I got excited. Then a little disappointed as it was just the seat foam. I tore out the old ragged carpet several years back. I have new black carpet to put in but I need to get the floorboards cleaned up first and patch some pin holes. Looking going to change all the carpet to black but leave the seats the pearl white. Eventually I'll get the rear seats done also.

View attachment 944159 View attachment 944160
Starting on the interior in mine next week. Luckily my rear seat is in great condition, the fronts are similar to yours, a bit worn.

View attachment 944159 View attachment 944160
Riverdawg, your interior looks damn nice as it is. To have what you got is nice door panels with all the trim still on it etc. But you done a great job with your ride. Enjoy and have fun as you do upgrades.

Riverdawg, your interior looks damn nice as it is. To have what you got is nice door panels with all the trim still on it etc. But you done a great job with your ride. Enjoy and have fun as you do upgrades.
Thanks bearman, I’m pretty lucky with the interior. If it weren’t for the front seats literally disintegrating (especially the foam) I would have waited on them. Once I get the floors cleaned up I can get the carpet in and replace all interior panels lower section with new black carpet too. It’ll really spruce up that interior.

I recently picked the 64 wagon up in Wy. It had sat for some time but it drives and brakes work. 318,auto ps. Mostly original paint and no body damage.

20200309_083838.jpg

Really like the wagon action. They look great

Picture of my car at a local car show.
20200501_124014.jpg

Picture of my car at a local car show.
View attachment 944340
65 Coronet's were my first love until I looked closer at the 64's. I was very interested in a clean 65 a year ago and then had heart surgery. It set me back a ways. I should still pursue the car. It was a dandy.

I recently picked the 64 wagon up in Wy. It had sat for some time but it drives and brakes work. 318,auto ps. Mostly original paint and no body damage.

View attachment 944318
NICE find. I have got to like wagons more and more over the years and dammit I passed on two nice deals I'm still kickin myself about.

I'm with you but have always loved the 64 Dodge but then any 62-65 would be just fine

Auto Transport Service
Back