• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'62-'65 Projects, Plans, Pics

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
I wrapped my '63 up in early Dec. Can't wait to get back on it, when the weather breaks, and we get some Spring heading in. How about some pics, and plans, or work your doing on these Gems ? I need some boost to get me there, Thanks !!!

1222221513a.jpg
1222221515.jpg
1222221707.jpg
1222221715.jpg

Beautiful car VANDAN! Assorted work on my 65 Coronet 500 convertible.

20220515_111918.jpg

20220515_142445.jpg

20220925_171028.jpg

20230129_133655.jpg

20230129_144855.jpg

20230204_150023.jpg

Great project and you’re obviously a talented fellow. Good luck. Keep us informed on the progress!

Great project and you’re obviously a talented fellow. Good luck. Keep us informed on the progress!
The real artwork on the car, was done at an old friends shop. I gave them a 55 year old roller, and now I've got the assemblies, interior, trim, detailing, and tweaking it all for driveability. All that's holding me back, is this unfriendly winter, and no heat in my shop. I'll probably get some heat in there next year, about when we'll say "let's get out of here", and head to greener pastures...

Is your garage insulated? If it is you probably would enjoy the winter by turning the heat up
The garage is well insulated. I just haven't gotten to a heat source yet. I need to run a gas line from house to garage. The estimates I got for heat pumps, was out of reach, so I'll be working on some plan for next year, come summertime...

Max is in the shop getting his trans done. It's still going to be manual shift reverse pattern TF but with upgraded parts, the '67 front pump and my 3000 RPM converter installed. They're also going to do the valve seals. If anybody's seen the YouTube video you can see the right side pushing oil.

I did the same thing a couple years ago but used a RMVB with a brake just for giggles.
D9CA86BE-A49C-42BA-AE42-D02862D50ED1.jpeg

I met the guy who is doing the trans at the Carlisle Chrysler show, he sets up in back of me in the flea market. I was telling him my issues with the trans and he starts diagnosing it! I asked him then, does he know cable operated manual shift reverse pattern TorqueFlites and he said yes! The best thing for my '59 Plymouth project, which is next, is that he knows Cast Iron TorqueFlites!

It took 10 years to finish my 65. We all know when life throws you a curve now and then.
So many I could write a book as they say.
But the end results were worth it. You'll get 'er done !!

DSC01098.JPG

DSC01100.JPG

DSC01102.JPG

DSC01142.JPG

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

What color is that? It looks similar to 1963 Dodge Aqua but mucho shiny.

I met the guy who is doing the trans at the Carlisle Chrysler show, he sets up in back of me in the flea market. I was telling him my issues with the trans and he starts diagnosing it! I asked him then, does he know cable operated manual shift reverse pattern TorqueFlites and he said yes! The best thing for my '59 Plymouth project, which is next, is that he knows Cast Iron TorqueFlites!

There's a guy in Carlisle that knows the older mopars also. Lupfer's Transmission rebuilt my '62 and at a very reasonable price.

What color is that? It looks similar to 1963 Dodge Aqua but mucho shiny.
Color code AA, Medium Turquoise Poly, if I remember correctly. Original color, new paints, Artist Applied !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back