• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

I've searched for the same answer thinking I was missing the rear window trim. I found pics of 62s with black rubber, or white, but never a metal trim.
No apparent rhyme or reason for white vs black: interior color, headliner material, model, # of doors, etc.

Screenshot_20181011-225032.png imagejpeg_3.jpg

Great info. Thanks guys for the thorough and helpful answers and pictures!

Love the black 62! Stance is just right too.

I'd asked a few postings back about interior garnish moldings for the rear window on a 62. Thanks again for those who provided the helpful answers!

Just hauled the car home today and thought I'd post a few so you could see the car I'd originally planned on parting out. The car had been disassembled some years back and was missing lots of little things.

The color is a 62 Plymouth beige. Looks great in sunlight. It was cloudy today so the color doesn't look as good in the pictures as it should. Interior color was just something I'd picked off a color card.

Lots of work to do yet, but I'm pleased with it so far. Already has a 65 K member and 8 3/4 under it.

SANY0090.JPG SANY0091.JPG SANY0092.JPG

Love the black 62! Stance is just right too.

I'd asked a few postings back about interior garnish moldings for the rear window on a 62. Thanks again for those who provided the helpful answers!

Just hauled the car home today and thought I'd post a few so you could see the car I'd originally planned on parting out. The car had been disassembled some years back and was missing lots of little things.

The color is a 62 Plymouth beige. Looks great in sunlight. It was cloudy today so the color doesn't look as good in the pictures as it should. Interior color was just something I'd picked off a color card.

Lots of work to do yet, but I'm pleased with it so far. Already has a 65 K member and 8 3/4 under it.

View attachment 689383 View attachment 689384 View attachment 689386

Looking good! Love the color. The 62s are one of a kind.

Pics taken by myself over 10 years apart.
Beautiful car, turquoise interior, 440 auto.
I keep trying.

Screenshot_20180223-171000.jpg
20180822_160259.jpg

I bet I would. I started out wanting a 65 Coronet but it looks a lot like my 66 Dart. I really like the 64 Dodges but heck, I love em' all.
Really @33 IMP? . The big red X is a slap in the face. My opinion. Yours is apparently different.

Excuse me @toolmanmike, but what post are you talking about? I've never given an intentional red x to ANYONE except maybe in the political forum. Tell me where it is, I'll fix it!

Link

Last edited:
Excuse me @toolmanmike, but what post are you talking about? I've never given an intentional red x to ANYONE except maybe in the political forum. Tell me where it is, I'll fix it!
Maybe just a mis hit on the keys.

Pics taken by myself over 10 years apart.
Beautiful car, turquoise interior, 440 auto.
I keep trying.

Tell us more about this please. Looks like a very interesting place. You've been trying to buy the car?

Yes, and it is interesting.
You know the story, he is up there in age, bought stuff when it wasn't worth much and nobody wanted it, set in his ways, can be difficult, doesn't trust anyone, firm on prices, doesn't dicker, kids have no interest, doesn't want his stuff on the interweb and people bothering him. He's open to visitors stopping by, but he'll grill you on why you're there and make you come back later.
Even after going there for so long I'm not allowed to touch that one, or open the doors or hood.
I don't think he's a bad guy in anyway, people just don't understand. If you've had no boss, no employees, no one to be accountable to or telling you what to do, had your own business, your whole life, your rules rule. You don't like it, bye bye.

On the topic of 62 only, I've been restoing my dash having a backup dash as a spare. I actually have a '63 but had installed a 62 years ago liking the layout more than the '63. A fellow forum member is restoing the bezel and will post once that's back to the appropriate forum as an FYI. Researching good cleaning methods took awhile and did some gentle experimenting with various products on my spare then my main gauges. I'm pretty satisfied and to the point where doing more I think risks damaging the numbers watching closely with a magnifying glass that wasn't happening with this work. I have the needle painting to do next.

Ply Dash Temp Gauge.jpg Ply Dash Gauges Both.jpg Ply Dash Speedo.jpg

What cleaning method/product worked the best?

I used Testors to paint the needles.

As these gauges have a rough-swirled face plate I found repeating the process of wash and rinse was needed several times mostly due to water spotting and some oil residue on the speedo, you know from the cable. I thought about a mild soap like what ones? Then selected an eye drop solution Thera-Tears and then with the speedo used an eye-lid wash I had (yeah had some issues with my eyes). This stuff is Steri-Lid. Thought stuff you'd put in your eyes wouldn't harm the paint. A whole lot of Q-tips, cotton, balls, and a can of air I used holding the trigger for a light drying blow only did the job. When seeing any dirt on the tip I used a new one right away. I kept the surface wet with distilled water or the solutions when doing any wiping action. To start, I used the air to blow off any dust and applied the clear water solution first a few times before starting with cleaning. I thought about more 'polishing' reading tips using furniture polish then nixed the idea at least for now thinking that could collect and hold dust and the surface being rough and all. I may try this on my spares.

Easy to make that mistake. Those icons are really close together!
Yes they are. Especially if you're on your phone. The thumbs up and check mark need to be on the opposite end of the dreaded red X

Auto Transport Service
Back