• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Here's the before and after pictures of my '62 Savoy Suburban. Originally a slant six, three-speed; now a 440, four-speed. The color is '62 Pale Jade.
P7250001.JPG
PB070088.JPG

Met up with Joe Suchy in Ocala for the Florida Mopar show. Exchanged out my gauge cluster housing. I told myself i wasn't going to spend so much on a piece of plastic but have had no regrets. The only problem is i dont want to take it off the window sill and put it back in the car. Im so happy with it. Posting a before and after pic.
20151116_105138.jpg
20181111_171515.jpg

Met up with Joe Suchy in Ocala for the Florida Mopar show. Exchanged out my gauge cluster housing. I told myself i wasn't going to spend so much on a piece of plastic but have had no regrets. The only problem is i dont want to take it off the window sill and put it back in the car. Im so happy with it. Posting a before and after pic.View attachment 682792 View attachment 682793

Besides looking out over the hood, the guage cluster is right there. Needs to look good!

Met up with Joe Suchy in Ocala for the Florida Mopar show. Exchanged out my gauge cluster housing. I told myself i wasn't going to spend so much on a piece of plastic but have had no regrets. The only problem is i dont want to take it off the window sill and put it back in the car. Im so happy with it. Posting a before and after pic.View attachment 682792 View attachment 682793
I put in a 62 dash in my 63 as I liked the dash better than the ranch gauges. Mine though has aged non-gracefully after earlier resto. OK, how could I get my dash to look like yours?? Thanks.

There is a guy i Washington state that does them i dont remember his name and it takes a while to get it back. Joe suchy is a big seller of 62-65 parts. Joe usually has some reconditioned ones in stock. It costs more but its a big convenience. Joe also knows more about 62-65 plymouths than anyone alive over the years he been a great help to me with parts and information.

There is a guy i Washington state that does them i dont remember his name and it takes a while to get it back. Joe suchy is a big seller of 62-65 parts. Joe usually has some reconditioned ones in stock. It costs more but its a big convenience. Joe also knows more about 62-65 plymouths than anyone alive over the years he been a great help to me with parts and information.
that dash you have is like as pristine as it can get! I'm envious as all get out!

Try Glenn at GCar

Also Redline Gauge Works does 'um. I've had my 64 and 65 clusters refinished there.
Photo of my 64 Belvedere.Not the best photo,sorry.
IMG_1485.JPG

Nice car. Extra doors look fine on a 62! I’ve had a chance to buy one and didn’t. Next time I will. Good for you, nice to see a Canadian model

I need to jump in here with a 62 question. A few years back I bought a 62 Belvedere 2dr hardtop in pieces. My original intent was to part it out, but once I got it home I couldn't bring myself to do so. I started lining up parts to put it back together. As usually happens stuff was missing. I'd been able to piece together what I thought was everything needed for painting.

The car is in paint now and I was out yesterday looking it over. The body guy has also painted the dash, front windshield and side window garnish moldings, but asked about rear windshield garnish moldings.

He's got me stumped. My Savoy 2 dr sedan does not have any and I've not been able to locate any photos yet showing the inside rear view of a hardtop. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance.

I need to jump in here with a 62 question. A few years back I bought a 62 Belvedere 2dr hardtop in pieces. My original intent was to part it out, but once I got it home I couldn't bring myself to do so. I started lining up parts to put it back together. As usually happens stuff was missing. I'd been able to piece together what I thought was everything needed for painting.

The car is in paint now and I was out yesterday looking it over. The body guy has also painted the dash, front windshield and side window garnish moldings, but asked about rear windshield garnish moldings.

He's got me stumped. My Savoy 2 dr sedan does not have any and I've not been able to locate any photos yet showing the inside rear view of a hardtop. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance.

The inside rear window trim in my '62 Fury was a white plastic molding surrounding the window. There was no chrome interior molding in the '62 as in my '63 Fury. I have since sold this car so I can't take any photos for you.....Nick

Wonder if it was done like my '62 Dodge. The rubber window seal is white on the inside. The hardboard headliner and upholstery even tucks behind it.
20180218_105511.jpg
20181205_102051.jpg
20180324_181856.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back