• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 wagon

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
ok.. trying to figure out if i should go to montana or have it shipped. driving there and back in the old 1 ton ain't going to be cheap.
so wondering if anyone is coming this way or can point me to someone that can get a rolling non-op here to PA or someplace close without cutting off a nut.

wagons for sale 005.JPG

About 12 years ago, I was getting what I thought was a nice-used Dakota from an Oregon dealership. They had a connection with a trucker who would deliver to me in WI for $1200. I figured even then this was a decent cost. No expert on it. Deal I thought was set to go and said I’d send the cash to snag it. He said, no need yet, he assured me the deal was a go. BUT, the sales guy called me back an hour later saying another sales guy sold it.

Anyway, hopefully members can offer some assist. Given this ‘experience’ I had, maybe there’s a possible line calling dealerships or an auto auction place that might be in the area? Maybe the seller could help knowing places in the area? No idea, but it would be something I’d try if it were me. Sad part is thinking about transport cost increases in the last decade and winch required load..

Never know, hope you find some luck on this.

About 12 years ago, I was getting what I thought was a nice-used Dakota from an Oregon dealership. They had a connection with a trucker who would deliver to me in WI for $1200. I figured even then this was a decent cost. No expert on it. Deal I thought was set to go and said I’d send the cash to snag it. He said, no need yet, he assured me the deal was a go. BUT, the sales guy called me back an hour later saying another sales guy sold it.

Anyway, hopefully members can offer some assist. Given this ‘experience’ I had, maybe there’s a possible line calling dealerships or an auto auction place that might be in the area? Maybe the seller could help knowing places in the area? No idea, but it would be something I’d try if it were me. Sad part is thinking about transport cost increases in the last decade and winch required load..

i used one of them deals from a broker to get my hornet here from CO. price was cheap.... when i got it here thay had crushed the roof having the lower deck to low and the car was bouncing on it all the way here. was hoping to find a guy coming this way empty.

That’s a lousy experience, that hauler was an idiot. Yeah, hope you find a guy and who knows what they’re doing. All I’m tossing out is an idea…thinking what I’d try to do in your position. Good luck.

That’s a lousy experience, that hauler was an idiot. Yeah, hope you find a guy and who knows what they’re doing. All I’m tossing out is an idea…thinking what I’d try to do in your position. Good luck.
looks like im just going to go get it.

If you do, wouldn’t waste too much time now…with the weather changing..

If you do, wouldn’t waste too much time now…with the weather changing..
the first week of NOV looks good. and it is on this side of the divide.

the first week of NOV looks good. and it is on this side of the divide.
Safe travels, looks like a nice wagon. I've gotten body parts from the area, pick up boxes, etc and they were rust free.

From my investigations into having comparatively pristine vehicles from Oregon/Washington brought back to WI, it costs more by a large amount to get a vehicle from that corner of the country than it does even from CA.
A lot of carriers don't even offer a trip there because they can't find a load to haul on the way out.
So any of the states along the top line of the country like that are sort of in no man's land as far as the shipping carriers go.

Did they try to sell you something else? Bait and switch deal? Been there before......sucks
Some time back I posted pics of an idiot hauler with a ramp trailer that held 3 cars.....geez, what a mess he was with his idiot girlfriend that got the ball rolling when she backed a vehicle (new one too) off the trailer before hitting the ground. Took over 4 hours to get that fixed up and things loaded right but sure wouldn't want to be the owner of that new vehicle.

From my investigations into having comparatively pristine vehicles from Oregon/Washington brought back to WI, it costs more by a large amount to get a vehicle from that corner of the country than it does even from CA.
A lot of carriers don't even offer a trip there because they can't find a load to haul on the way out.
So any of the states along the top line of the country like that are sort of in no man's land as far as the shipping carriers go.
When restoring my Dakota it took a year to find anyone who had a Dakota box. Same story different supplier, “We rarely get any Dakota boxes…we’ll let you know if we find one.” Wait and wait, nada. By chance came across at guy at Iola who said he has a couple of boxes. He gets his parts in the NW hauling them back and has his shop in Chippewa Falls.

My kid lives in Eau Claire having to take some stuff up to her then to the shop to look at what he had. Was like a kid in a candy store seeing what an enormous inventory of nice truck parts, many Dodge/Ram going back to the 70’s…boxes, cabs, fenders. He had two Dakota boxes in superb condition and was hard to pick one over the other. Started thinking about redoing my ’92 Ram as he had all the body parts I’d need. Got the box for a grand expecting to pay more..

i was turned on to him when i was buying a 38 dodge pu and a bought a 36 ply sed from him and rose , i've been going up there for years now .

00060008.jpg

00060009.jpg

00060010.jpg

00060011.jpg

00060012.jpg

DSC08150.JPG

DSC08127.JPG

DSC08128.JPG

DSC08135.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back