• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 wagon

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
what is the best way to get the stainless trim around the windshield off my 62 dart without messing it up....

Last edited:
I just changed the windshield on my 63.
Check and remove all trim that is screwed on first such as the side post.Remove the wiper arms to get them out of your way.
Then check the corner clips on the upper and lower trim.After 60 years those clips will be rusty thin and will not take much to pop loose. Work around using a plastic puddy knife assuming you don't have the proper molding tool between the glass and trim.On mine many popped loose.Then I slid the trim off the rest of the way. I believe the top and bottom trim are 2 piece with a connector in the middle that makes the pieces easy to slide off.
Now this worked for me. I had the proper trim tool and there wasn't much left of my clips.
The next is removing the clip screws that hopefully won't be too rusty to get out.
Most of mine came out. The ones that didn't I soaked with Blaster overnight and using a phillips screwdriver I would tap the handle with a hammer while twisting the screw. If they don't move, blast them again and wait another day.
I had about 6 that I had to fight but they all came out.

I just changed the windshield on my 63.
Check and remove all trim that is screwed on first such as the side post.Remove the wiper arms to get them out of your way.
Then check the corner clips on the upper and lower trim.After 60 years those clips will be rusty thin and will not take much to pop loose. Work around using a plastic puddy knife assuming you don't have the proper molding tool between the glass and trim.On mine many popped loose.Then I slid the trim off the rest of the way. I believe the top and bottom trim are 2 piece with a connector in the middle that makes the pieces easy to slide off.
Now this worked for me. I had the proper trim tool and there wasn't much left of my clips.
The next is removing the clip screws that hopefully won't be too rusty to get out.
Most of mine came out. The ones that didn't I soaked with Blaster overnight and using a phillips screwdriver I would tap the handle with a hammer while twisting the screw. If they don't move, blast them again and wait another day.
I had about 6 that I had to fight but they all came out.
i have the tools. and have done it before. but its been like 30+ years. and ya. been spraying it with the WD40 stuff thay came out with this year. just wanted to know if there was a hidden screw someplace i forgot about.
thank you for your input.

I believe after you take the post side trim off, the top and bottom trim has screws on the ends not seen till the side trim is removed. Again I was working on my 63 Belvedere.

I believe after you take the post side trim off, the top and bottom trim has screws on the ends not seen till the side trim is removed. Again I was working on my 63 Belvedere.
ya ... the glass is the same according to the book. so im guessing its the same set up.

Auto Transport Service
Back