• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 B body bulkhead

Not as simple as you would think!

Here's the one on my '62. They should be the same.
20180305_122819.jpg
20180305_122746.jpg

Look at the last reply on this thread. Member says he has 1963 connectors. (Old add)
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1964-fury-bulkhead-connector.63742/

I'm not exactly sure what you are needing to see with pictures. Wireing? Just the empty connector? Looks like the '62 and '63 has two metal lugs molded into the block and '64 doesn't.

I'm not sure if they are reproducing them like the 1964 on up. I did some searching and only came up with that link that I posted above. (If anything I'm bumping your thread to the top)

that's EXACTLY what I was searching for! the metal lugs inserted for the charging circuit! never thought that was factory and was a mod made by some shop!

Trying to help a member of the board to get all the cluster gauges in working order including ammeter!, that's all!

It seems that's a good feature on those. Now I think WHY they changed to the weak packard terminals on charging system fro later setups being those lugs WAY better. Can we call that "involution" ?

Those lugs can hold PERFECTLY the loads!!!... as far they are of course clean and tight!

it seems they were already overheated, and bypassed by the previous shop with the jumper between the lugs. maybe got loosen some day in the past ?

BH Wire 1.jpg

Last edited:
What happens to the bulkhead terminals is some will increase the alternator amp output for what the car was designed for. Unless the car was built for the heavy duty alternator you need to upgrade the whole wiring system before installing one. Yes proper inspection and maintenance is a must also.

Good luck!

well not really and exactly like that, but sure is because a higher amp draw through them. However these lugs are FOR SURE stronger than the laters spade terminals.

Auto Transport Service
Back