• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Dodge 440 rear window trim

jws-69

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi
Help! I'm installing rear window trim. But have a problem, I see the clips for the upper part of window trim, but can not figure out how to install lower trim. There are no clips to screw into. Any help, photo's would be of great help.
20220607_132753.jpg

You should notice that the stainless side and bottom trim pieces have screw holes in them.These pieces simply screw to the body. With body and paint work, the old holes have likely been filled in. I would stick masking tape down on the mounting surface, and then lay out your moldings where they should go. Take a small drill bit ( smaller than your trim screws ), and mark straight down through the molding holes where the holes should be drilled. Remove the moldings and drill your new holes where marked. The rear window moldings on my 1964 Dodge 4-door hardtop attach the same way as your '63.

You should notice that the stainless side and bottom trim pieces have screw holes in them.These pieces simply screw to the body. With body and paint work, the old holes have likely been filled in. I would stick masking tape down on the mounting surface, and then lay out your moldings where they should go. Take a small drill bit ( smaller than your trim screws ), and mark straight down through the molding holes where the holes should be drilled. Remove the moldings and drill your new holes where marked. The rear window moldings on my 1964 Dodge 4-door hardtop attach the same way as your '63.
Thanks that was a big help!

Auto Transport Service
Back