• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

Any one recognize this power window switch ? It was in my 63 Ply. It has a different pin set than the ones I just bought . Oh Boy, Am I confused !!! Frustrated In Hawaii, C

PW1.jpg PW2.jpg

My boys bought me this plaque with the complete article of my 63 when it was in the April 2018 issue of Mopar Muscle. It was really nice of them to get this for me. Ron

413732946.jpg

Please excuse me for jumping in as I'm wrestling with the new convert header seal on my '63. I posted another thread on this; but thinking with all of the '63 convert folks here someone might have some experience/advice. The new seal I bought sits weird in the channel quite vertical and it's due to the aftermarket seal shaped differently. As I understand this is the only seal to be had. The biggest issue though is at the corners where there's nothing to retain the seal between the side channel over the vent windows and around to the top of the windshield. There is no retainer channeling at the corners; this just sags and nowhere where it makes sense to me to glue it unless directly to the top at these corners. Maybe it should be glued; but thought I'd ask in case anyone knows. Thanks.

Please excuse me for jumping in as I'm wrestling with the new convert header seal on my '63. I posted another thread on this; but thinking with all of the '63 convert folks here someone might have some experience/advice. The new seal I bought sits weird in the channel quite vertical and it's due to the aftermarket seal shaped differently. As I understand this is the only seal to be had. The biggest issue though is at the corners where there's nothing to retain the seal between the side channel over the vent windows and around to the top of the windshield. There is no retainer channeling at the corners; this just sags and nowhere where it makes sense to me to glue it unless directly to the top at these corners. Maybe it should be glued; but thought I'd ask in case anyone knows. Thanks.

I'll go out in the garage and take some pictures. This is a major sacrifice on my part as it's only 76* right now...lol.

Ron,
Here you go. Hope these help. The forward most retainer over the side glass is 19.25" long and extends 1.25" over the wing window.

DSCN0129.JPG DSCN0130.JPG DSCN0135.JPG DSCN0136.JPG DSCN0137.JPG DSCN0138.JPG DSCN0139.JPG DSCN0143.JPG DSCN0144.JPG DSCN0145.JPG

Hey thanks Colorado Dave. Yeah it's great weather here too near 80! Here are a couple pics of my top with the new header seal. The seal just hangs loose around the turns (over the vent windows and the first 1.5 inches over the windshield frame; there's nothing to retain the seal in place...no channeling to insert the seal. This must be stock design I suppose gotta just glue it; but seems kinda trashy to do that. And as it is there's a little daylight at the top of the vent window and side of windshield frame. When I put in the new door seals as they were before there's no sealing above that (picture showing door open and that seal). I always got rain water in those areas before all the top work (new top). I know the entire top frame likely needs adjusting and have a guy that's going to look at this but I'm afraid that makes no diff with how the corner supports exist. The old seal didn't look glued though it was really old.

Ply Top seal 2.jpg Ply Top seal 3.jpg Ply Top seal 1.jpg

Hey thanks Colorado Dave. Yeah it's great weather here too near 80! Here are a couple pics of my top with the new header seal. The seal just hangs loose around the turns (over the vent windows and the first 1.5 inches over the windshield frame; there's nothing to retain the seal in place...no channeling to insert the seal. This must be stock design I suppose gotta just glue it; but seems kinda trashy to do that. And as it is there's a little daylight at the top of the vent window and side of windshield frame. When I put in the new door seals as they were before there's no sealing above that (picture showing door open and that seal). I always got rain water in those areas before all the top work (new top). I know the entire top frame likely needs adjusting and have a guy that's going to look at this but I'm afraid that makes no diff with how the corner supports exist. The old seal didn't look glued though it was really old.

View attachment 601249 View attachment 601251 View attachment 601252

Look at the second picture in the second row and the second picture in the fourth row. The header seal slips into the chrome strip over the door. Post a picture from the side, showing the door glass and the strip above the glass on your car.

Look at the second picture in the second row and the second picture in the fourth row. The header seal slips into the chrome strip over the door. Post a picture from the side, showing the door glass and the strip above the glass on your car.
Colorado Dave here are two photos I think what you were wanting to see. I had taken out the seal above the door windows as the new seal is longer so one photo has me holding that seal up while taking a pic for reference. I would need to cut it to fit with the new seal as it's about 1.5" too long abutting to the new header seal. The channel to retain the header seal as in the other photo assume is the stock design (nothing missing) terminates above the vent window frame about 3.25" before taking the corner over the windshield. So it's that area where there's nothing to hold the seal unless gluing up that area. The other issue as I think I mentioned is the new seal at the corners has less girth than the old one. Another member suggested using some cut rubber hose to insert here to beef it up considering the thinner aftermarket seal. Thanks!

Ply Top Seal r side 1.jpg Ply Top seal r side 2.jpg

Colorado Dave here are two photos I think what you were wanting to see. I had taken out the seal above the door windows as the new seal is longer so one photo has me holding that seal up while taking a pic for reference. I would need to cut it to fit with the new seal as it's about 1.5" too long abutting to the new header seal. The channel to retain the header seal as in the other photo assume is the stock design (nothing missing) terminates above the vent window frame about 3.25" before taking the corner over the windshield. So it's that area where there's nothing to hold the seal unless gluing up that area. The other issue as I think I mentioned is the new seal at the corners has less girth than the old one. Another member suggested using some cut rubber hose to insert here to beef it up considering the thinner aftermarket seal. Thanks!

View attachment 602409 View attachment 602410

Check these two pictures out. The header seal bends around toward the rear and inserts INTO the stainless trim over the side and wing glass. It is glued with 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive but the trim is what locates it. You can then trim the seal over the side glass to butt into the header seal.
DSCN0152.JPG
DSCN0149.JPG

Check these two pictures out. The header seal bends around toward the rear and inserts INTO the stainless trim over the side and wing glass. It is glued with 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive but the trim is what locates it. You can then trim the seal over the side glass to butt into the header seal.View attachment 602437 View attachment 602438
Yours looks pretty much identical to mine and go figure...it should being the same car! Yeah the mystery for me was the appropriate securing of the corners of the header seal as they just flop loose between the gap on the side channels until it reaches around to the channel over the windshield frame. Since the aftermarket seal is less fat (at corners) than the old one, gluing it seems to present a hassle of it seating too far in that could create a poor seal. I'll play with it and maybe see if the other member's tip might work out to add some beef too. Hey thanks much for your help!

New to the forum. Just inherited my grandparents '63 Polara 4-door this last winter. Spent some time getting the 318 poly V8 back to running form as it hadn't been driven in 2 decades. New fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines, brake components all around. Last night was the first time I've taken my family out on a Sunday drive (ice cream!).

This website looks like the place to be for someone needing help, pointers and sanity checks. Glad I found it...

1963_Dodge.jpg

1963_Dodge_2.jpg

1963_Dodge_3.jpg

New to the forum. Just inherited my grandparents '63 Polara 4-door this last winter. Spent some time getting the 318 poly V8 back to running form as it hadn't been driven in 2 decades. New fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines, brake components all around. Last night was the first time I've taken my family out on a Sunday drive (ice cream!).

This website looks like the place to be for someone needing help, pointers and sanity checks. Glad I found it...

View attachment 638185
View attachment 638188
View attachment 638189
That is a sweet 4 door you have there. Welcome to the forum. Stop in and introduce yourself here...
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/forums/welcome-wagon.9/

Auto Transport Service
Back