• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Only

...it's interesting that it's a Sport Fury, with no side trim. Never noticed that. Is this an original car?
cant remember,but it was on ebay a couple years ago for appx 30000.00....didn't sell..probably because of the paint job..very limited market for that........

12 (2).png 392.jpg 461.jpg 452.jpg

You may have noticed I powdercoated the grille and headlight bezels black,well I don't like it! It lost the one year personality of the 63 Plymouth,so I will clean up another out of the stash with a set of bezels.:realcrazy: The freshly painted bumpers will stay black:popcorn:

View attachment 583491 View attachment 583492 View attachment 583493
I think you're right with it taking away from the "original" personality, as that's what makes the '63 so unique. Here's my "Cousin Dodge's" front grill, just got it back from the re-work artist...

IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1278.JPG

Stage3: Thanks for the information on Mr. Wedge. I was racing at Fremont in the 70s and have 'fuzzy' memories of that car and Bill Riddick. Here's some more:http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo102015.htmlView attachment 586035
I bought a car once from b.Riddick,,nice guy,showed me pics of the '63 before he sold it..

I went to the races once at fremont..about a hundred years ago it feels like,,2 things I remember somewhat clearly about it..1: a dart with a 440 blew a rod out the pan in the burnout box! and 2: a trio of ford mustangs running 427 tunnel ports,were kicking everyones *** that day in stock/superstock racing..

1 more..engine shot only of a car that sold on ebay recently for 14800.00!'63 dodge,,was pretty clean,raced recently,running low 11.00's..somebody got a great deal..was out of Colorado..
s-l160065rejwf.jpg
s-l160065rejwf.jpg

I bought a car once from b.Riddick,,nice guy,showed me pics of the '63 before he sold it..

I went to the races once at fremont..about a hundred years ago it feels like,,2 things I remember somewhat clearly about it..1: a dart with a 440 blew a rod out the pan in the burnout box! and 2: a trio of ford mustangs running 427 tunnel ports,were kicking everyones *** that day in stock/superstock racing..

Yeah, Hayward Ford sponsored a car club and several Mustangs. After Fremont closed, Sear's Point became our home track but it was a longer haul. However, it was a better facility being new with an uphill shutdown area and paved pits. Thanks for the memories...

IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
Yeah, Hayward Ford sponsored a car club and several Mustangs. After Fremont closed, Sear's Point became our home track but it was a longer haul. However, it was a better facility being new with an uphill shutdown area and paved pits. Thanks for the memories...
I do remember that the pits at fremont were in the dirt..and that the fuelers would do there pre staged dry spin/hop before final staging..all the old speed equipment was there in use..those 427 fords r just as rare as the 426 wedge motors today..bringing big dollars for good equipment..as far as whats left anyway..kinda like this 1..soon to be torn down and gone thru ready for sale..

a barn find motor shot of a modified '63 and a racer..check out the holley carbs and the oough horn..accell coil etc,,with stock heater hoses..that says back in the day...
1963-plymouth-belvedere-max-wedge-engine.jpg
mem_classic_2016_sun_054_copy.jpg

Last edited:
a barn find motor shot of a modified '63 and a racer..check out the holley carbs and the oough horn..accell coil etc,,with stock heater hoses..that says back in the day...
View attachment 587552 View attachment 587553

That's actually a siren for an alarm on the driver's side inner fender. Heater hoses do a nice job of heating up the fuel...lol. On the red 63 I wonder where he got the tube grill?

'63 dodge max wedge . was selling thru ebay,,by the son..fathers car,,deceased..i believe it had an asking price of 20000.00...motor shot only..
1963-Dodge-426-Max-Wedge.jpg

That goes to show you that they are still out there waiting to be found. I met a guy from Kansas at Carlisle that said he has a aluminum front 64 Plymouth that he bought new sitting in a trailer for years.So I stopped when driving back west just to see.Sure enough there it was,a trailer sitting out in his field with a Black Maxie inside.Been there since the 70's.

Would have been and early '64 car. They went to the HEMI in mid '64. Was it a hardtop, or a post car?

Well that was about 20 years ago. I believe it was a hardtop. Memory is a bit foggy.

Auto Transport Service
Back