• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth Window Trim

Benforsp

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Hell all,

Was hoping someone can tell me the proper name for the trim pieces at the top of window openings on both sides that the main side windows rollup into. I need a pair and am not even sure what to search for name-wise. I assume they hold some sort of weatherstripping?

The car is a 63 Belvedere HT.

Really appreciate any input. Thanks!

Glass run channel, see pic out of the 63 Plymouth service manual, section 23-12

Chuck (snook)

20230614_193042.jpg

Glass run channel, see pic out of the 63 Plymouth service manual, section 23-12

Chuck (snook)

View attachment 1479598
Thanks for the picture. That looks like what I normally call a post car. That was how my 64 was setup where the window was captured in the door from top to bottom. I think in 63 the Savoy's where this way but on the HT cars (like the one I"m referring to) the window recesses into a separate piece of trim on the roof section of the car. So the window is part of the door, but when you open the door the window has nothing surrounding it. I hope this makes sense. It's the same sort of thing as on an e-body if you know them. Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

Auto Transport Service
Back