• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 push button

44070dart

Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
I bought a '63 Fury with a 318 and 727.. I was told it's a original trans but it has a B&M floor shifter now. I'm was told be someone that you can't put a B&M shifter on a push button car because you will not have a park position .. ?? .. Don't know if it is an original trans and it's not important, but as I'm going to sell this car in the summer I'd like to know what I'm talking about.. can you put a B&M shifter on a push button 727 and have it go into park as this one does.

Yes IF you have a forty year old chrome box b&m. It will have two cables out of the shifter.
I have one but it is not for sale. I can post a picture, but not till early next week.
The chances are , if you have a floor shifter made in the last twenty years, and you have a park, you have a later, non-push button trans.

Easy way to tell, look at the drivers side of the trans and see if there's a cable going into the side of it. That would be the older trans. If there isn't a cable, you have the newer trans. Open the hood and look down along that side of the trans.

@44070dart, this is my B&M chrome box push button shifter. As you can see, it needs LOTS of chrome polish. (Please excuse the lousy photos. In the dark, lousy phone camera and lousy photographer).

20190207_193537.jpg 20190207_193543.jpg 20190207_193553.jpg

Never seen a box like that..Yeah my trans is a later model 727 ..now when I sell the car I'll know what I'm talking about. Hate to get corrected by a mopar guy while selling, and have him think I'm trying to pull something about being original. thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back