• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Savoy master cylinder upgrade.

Wallus57

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking for the part # for a two port master cylinder to replace the factory one port on a 63 Savoy. Anyone know?? Thanks, Wally.

^^^^^ Yep, My 63 has drum brakes and I ordered one for a 67 Coronet.

IMG_2846.jpg

I was just going to post this same question for my 1963 Savoy.

No mods.You will have to make 1 line for the rear brakes and cap the fitting that went to the rear brakes
as the distribution block from the single master will now only be needed for the front brakes.

My car still had line lock from it's drag car days in this photo.
You can see the distribution block and the lines for front and rear.

IMG_2933.jpg

No mods.You will have to make 1 line for the rear brakes and cap the fitting that went to the rear brakes
as the distribution block from the single master will now only be needed for the front brakes.
I figured I had to make the new line but I am glad to hear the master cylinder bolts right up. The 1967 master is also cheaper than the single from 1963.

The distribution block Fran showed is a better choice.
If you plumb the lines directly front and back and lose the front pressure you only have back brakes which lock right up at highway speeds and hardly slow you at all.

67 Coronet. Perfect thank you. Did you use the original push rod?

67 Coronet. Perfect thank you. Did you use the original push rod?
Hi Darter6. I'm just installing the new master cylinder on my 63 Savoy but I'm having a problem with the fittings. Did you need 1/4 inch line for one and 3/16's for the other? Or did you use adapters of some sort? This thing is giving me a headache lol.
Any suggestions and pics would be fantastic. Thank you, Wally

In my photo you will see that all that was used was 3/16'' lines.
I do believe some masters have different size ports (maybe for different applications) and adapters are use.
Chrysler used 3/16'' for dual masters and yes the single pot master did have 1/4'' main line to distribution block.
Not sure what year Chrysler went to different size fittings on the dual master front and rear but retained 3/16'' line.
I'm going thru my files for photos that may have adapter at the master but so far haven't found anything.
I would think your auto part store should have line adapters.

Last edited:
Ok. Thank you for that info. It would seem that our local NAPA and Bumper to Bumper don't restock their fittings very often. Guess I'll be going on a road trip lol. The joys of restoring a classic eh?
Thanks again.

Cheaper to buy on ebay if you drive 10 miles each way. Wear and tear insurance etc.. Take the master with you. Ask me why.:BangHead: Then find it's not right.

Cheaper to buy on ebay if you drive 10 miles each way. Wear and tear insurance etc.. Take the master with you. Ask me why.:BangHead: Then find it's not right.
I understand completely!! I was just dreading removing the Master again. Not too difficult, just don't want to go through the back pain again lol. Wish I hadn't installed it without getting the fittings first. I've already made multiple trips to town. (Sigh) Oh well, once it's done it's done. Then to the next problem haha!
Thanks for the feedback:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back