• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64-70 B Body 4 Speed Transmission Lever Question

Dragon Slayer

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences in marking and size (if any) for the original transmission levers (not the Hurst aftermarket ones). The parts manuals have listing for 2 different length lever but do not give details.

I have seen picture with 890, 891 and Rev also have a 969 (for rev). Also seen Low, D etc..
Was the lever same for inland shifter cars?

I believe all 64-70 B body levers have slots that are Vertical cut (in line with lever), not at angles like the Hurst versions. Thanks,

If you are referring to the shifting levers that connect the shifter mechanism to the A833 case levers I believe they are mostly the same. I say this as I replaced my '68 Charger Inland shifter with a Brewers Hurst shifter and it bolted right up (the instructions said this also). No difference there.

Dan

Yes, The parts manual calls them, Levers, Operating. I realize they are mostly the same and brewer has some good pictures, but I do think the OEM ones had some subtle changes over the years and I am curious what marking on the early versus later ones. I have a box of these I am going through. The Hurst after market ones are all stamped with a part number so that is easy to clarify with the hurst chart.

Auto Transport Service
Back