• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Dart is finally here....5 months late lol

Looks like someone soiled themselves regularly.

1709161277101.png

Looks like someone soiled themselves regularly.

View attachment 1617854
There are lots of those same looking stains in the car but not where people regularly sit. That one is a bit far forward to be a 'butt' stain....more of a 'ball' stain? That old plastic will be the first thing to be removed from the car and should have never been installed IMO but we'll see if it helped preserved the original vinyl or not. Thinking it did though.....but the car only shows 51k miles on it and from what I can see, it's original mileage and even if it's not, the car is so dang nice in so many areas. The pedal pads show some wear but not even close to a car that has 150k on it.

Maybe the original owner disconnected the odometer like was what many did back then but even at that, the car shows it's pretty nice for being 60 plus and so far I can't find any evidence of it being repainted or have had any body repairs. It ain't no 2nd gen Charger but I didn't pay 2nd gen Charger price for it. In fact, the price doesn't even come close to what 2nd gen Chargers are demanding....and it runs and drives!

Tanks!! The stain in the driver's seat looks like some of the other ones in the thing.....stinking it's a discoloration of the plastic stuff.

Thinking about leaving it pretty much as is but the thought of sticking in an 8 3/4 has already crossed my mind and still have a couple of housings laying around. One is already clean and painted and still have a couple of different gear ratios to chose from....one is a 3.91 and a 4.10 and even have a 4.88 :D It will get a straight pipe as it needs a new exhaust system anyways. Been running straights since the mid 70's and don't see any reason to change my ways!

Back in my 20's I had a '63 more door /6 push button. One wheel peel all day long. The /6 in that light of a car will surprise you!

Nice score :thumbsup: Keep it original for ol times sake.

Crank, that is One Cool Car ! If you get tired of it, let me know, been looking for an older A body Survivor ???

What took so long for it to arrive?
A long time friend of mine got it in trade for doing some work. iirc, he built an engine and some other car related stuff and once the car was in his possession, a bunch more work came in. He never refuses work just like I used to do. Lately things settled down and he had time to bring it on over. He lives about 250 miles from me and my truck has been sitting with tires from 2005 and I wasn't ready to spend the money on new tires just yet plus I don't have a flat bed trailer anymore so he said he would bring it to me. In the mean time, he did some work on the car for me and....well, didn't charge for that even though I said I would pay for it. That's what friends do I suppose. Can't believe he keeps doing what he does because I have a hard time trying to keep up with him even though I'm several years younger.

Looks like you scored!!!!! :thumbsup:

....have no idea where you'd find parts for that though........:lol:
Well, so far, there's not much that's needed except for a left tail light trim but may just take the right side trim off to make it match....or leave it that way to make people ask why it's different lol and yeah, finding stuff for it can't be easy.

I really like the idea that you want to keep it original as is.

It's a time capsule that's in amazing shape for it's age, it's only original once.

Keep the 3 on the tree! I learned to drive on one and it would be the ultimate anti-theft device! Nice score! I've never been an A-body guy but almost bought a '64 Dart convertible years ago

Keep the 3 on the tree! I learned to drive on one and it would be the ultimate anti-theft device! Nice score! I've never been an A-body guy but almost bought a '64 Dart convertible years ago
When I was pretty young, my mom let me shift her car (a 51 Cranbrook Plymouth) while sitting beside her.....I remember being pretty dang young but it stuck with me. The first time I drove by myself with a stick car was in a 63 Dart when I was 13. Easy peasy.....basically, 'stole' it from the driveway to go mow yards....dad wasn't happy about it but didn't beat my butt lol. Been hooked on stick cars ever since.

Absolutely to cool!! I'd clean it, pop some SS's on it and drive it! Floor shift would be nice, but to change it all up, would take time and money. It's very clean, straight and asking to be made road ready for its new owner and his new squeeze to go out on a date. I think it's perfect and I'm seriously happy for you!! You did very good!! .... The only problem is, if you move the shifter to the floor, with that A/C unit there, it's going to be hard for her to slide on over next to you. Those were the days!! ....... Be safe, all three of you!! ............ Ulli

i might be the only one that likes the column shift.. that car is just perfect :)

4.88 gears and an 833 OD.

Zero to 35 in .6 seconds and 28 MPG.

Dang that car is in nice, "unmolested" condition.

It's fun to be the first one to molest one, isn't it?

Kind of like checking the boxes on the order sheet at the dealership in 1963, and then working on the assembly line to build it.

At least it showed up with new tires, battery, alternator bearings, fresh points/condenser, fresh oil and filter, brakes (good hard pedal too), and......ammo!! He even boxed up the old 'large' (PH8A style) oil filter that was on it from Western Auto that's been out of business for how long now?? I used to trade there too as they were pretty close by. Anyways, the car needs some cleaning and adjustments but over all, it looks pretty solid. The clutch pedal only has about 1/2" of free play but at least there is some. Haven't been underneath it yet except for helping to unstrap it from the trailer and what little I saw of that, it looked good. Can't find any rust issues looking in the 'regular' places but haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet but so far haven't seen anything. Even under the trunk lip looks good. The rear bumper is the worst....needs to be rechromed but may just wire wheel it with soft brush and clear it?

View attachment 1617714

View attachment 1617716

View attachment 1617717

View attachment 1617718

View attachment 1617719
That's a slick looking little creampuff you have there. Without reading all the posts here, what's your plans? Drive and enjoy or a 408 stroker? How about a Gen 3 Hemi?

Auto Transport Service
Back