• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Dart is finally here....5 months late lol

It's only original once :( (Says the guy whos car was as original when he bought it....) Nevermind... :)

I remember having this one delivered!

76.jpg

20220619_120131.jpg

20220821_144237.jpg

80(1).jpg

Last edited:
i might be the only one that likes the column shift.. that car is just perfect :)
I don't hate column shift.....just like floor shift better. Most likely will leave it on the column.
That's a slick looking little creampuff you have there. Without reading all the posts here, what's your plans? Drive and enjoy or a 408 stroker? How about a Gen 3 Hemi?
Just want to drive this one. Now I can do what I really want to do to my 66 Belvedere.
Ahhhhhh delivery day! I see a 408 stroker with a 5 speed going into that car in the future.
Naw.....the 6 still runs good. It should as it only has 51590 on the clock and I believe it to be true. But it may get an 8 3/4 rear as I still have a few different gears to plug in.

Welcome to the early A club.
We are still working on ours..in the mid 80s a neighbor had our 65 and I road in it regularly..slant 6 powered.
Around '90 we bought it,installed a 318, body work/ paint were done and it was driven to college.
We started to resurrect the car in 2018...and as projects usually go it snowballed. We upgraded everything and a 383 was shoe horned in. But...we weren't happy with how it was going and made further upgrades. We just couldn't get the tire we wanted under the back...so I minitubbed it and narrowed a 8 3/4. Next the 383 went in a 67 valiant and a e street headed roller cammed 440 is going in our 65. Also because the transmission tunnel is small we built a 5000 stalled 904 to go behind the bb.
So I get keeping it original..it's a slippery slope when you upgrade a early A! 295s on the back and lots of dust from sitting..to damn long!

20240213_143157.jpg

Last edited:
That sure is sweet, looks like a chick magnet, don’t be driving it by any nursing homes, they’ll be chasing you with their walkers.
:lol:
Seriously I like how it’s original and that paint color, I bet it would buff out nice.

That sure is sweet, looks like a chick magnet, don’t be driving it by any nursing homes, they’ll be chasing you with their walkers.
Seriously I like how it’s original and that paint color, I bet it would buff out nice.

Yeah.. seeing that paint buff out is going to be awesome.. That and a good coat of Zaino and i bet that thing will look like a new car.

If that yellowing can come off the plastic on the seats i would even keep that.... you know Mike.. you should really send me that car :)

Are you gong to get a "My other car is a bad-*** Mopar, too" bumper sticker?

With those covers on the seats,those old gals can take off their Depends!

Maybe that's what happened.

ohh ****.. i thought it was toolmanmikes car :) Ok.. cranky should send it to me :) All you red name guys look the same..

Welcome to the early A club.
We are still working on ours..in the mid 80s a neighbor had our 65 and I road in it regularly..slant 6 powered.
Around '90 we bought it,installed a 318, body work/ paint were done and it was driven to college.
We started to resurrect the car in 2018...and as projects usually go it snowballed. We upgraded everything and a 383 was shoe horned in. But...we weren't happy with how it was going and made further upgrades. We just couldn't get the tire we wanted under the back...so I minitubbed it and narrowed a 8 3/4. Next the 383 went in a 67 valiant and a e street headed roller cammed 440 is going in our 65. Also because the transmission tunnel is small we built a 5000 stalled 904 to go behind the bb.
So I get keeping it original..it's a slippery slope when you upgrade a early A! 295s on the back and lots of dust from sitting..to damn long!

View attachment 1618599
My 66 Belvedere has been for way too long too and it's one of the reasons this Dart will remain stock. The Belvedere is waiting on a 440 that's been sitting on an engine stand for lots of years. It was built for something else and that something else got sold but I hung onto the stock bore 440.
Are you gong to get a "My other car is a bad-*** Mopar, too" bumper sticker?
Only if my Belvedere gets to be bad-*** lol
With those covers on the seats,those old gals can take off their Depends!
So far I don't know of any old gals that need Depends. My GF certainly doesn't need them.....yet :lol:

There are lots of those same looking stains in the car but not where people regularly sit. That one is a bit far forward to be a 'butt' stain....more of a 'ball' stain? That old plastic will be the first thing to be removed from the car and should have never been installed IMO but we'll see if it helped preserved the original vinyl or not. Thinking it did though.....but the car only shows 51k miles on it and from what I can see, it's original mileage and even if it's not, the car is so dang nice in so many areas. The pedal pads show some wear but not even close to a car that has 150k on it.

Maybe the original owner disconnected the odometer like was what many did back then but even at that, the car shows it's pretty nice for being 60 plus and so far I can't find any evidence of it being repainted or have had any body repairs. It ain't no 2nd gen Charger but I didn't pay 2nd gen Charger price for it. In fact, the price doesn't even come close to what 2nd gen Chargers are demanding....and it runs and drives!
It's a "coffee" stain.
Move on.:lol:

ohh ****.. i thought it was toolmanmikes car :) Ok.. cranky should send it to me :) All you red name guys look the same..
Nope, I wish. My first car was a 65 Dart. When I decided to get back into the hobby18 years ago I took a liking to the 64's. I looked for a long time and all of a sudden my 66 popped up on E bay and it was only 45 min. away. It was a no brainer.

It's a "coffee" stain.
Move on.:lol:
Since I don't drink coffee, I wouldn't know what one would look like :D
Nope, I wish. My first car was a 65 Dart. When I decided to get back into the hobby18 years ago I took a liking to the 64's. I looked for a long time and all of a sudden my 66 popped up on E bay and it was only 45 min. away. It was a no brainer.
I found a set of 5 H2 chrome Hummer wheels on E bay that was local lots of years go. Was looking for the 'regular' non chrome wheels and didn't even know there were chrome ones and was looking for them for my 97 2500 pickup. Had to machine the center holes to fit the Dodge but that wasn't a problem. They've been on the truck since about the mid 2000's and they were about 20 minutes away. Thing is, the chrome ones want to pit once some brake dust gets on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back