• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Dart is finally here....5 months late lol

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
At least it showed up with new tires, battery, alternator bearings, fresh points/condenser, fresh oil and filter, brakes (good hard pedal too), and......ammo!! He even boxed up the old 'large' (PH8A style) oil filter that was on it from Western Auto that's been out of business for how long now?? I used to trade there too as they were pretty close by. Anyways, the car needs some cleaning and adjustments but over all, it looks pretty solid. The clutch pedal only has about 1/2" of free play but at least there is some. Haven't been underneath it yet except for helping to unstrap it from the trailer and what little I saw of that, it looked good. Can't find any rust issues looking in the 'regular' places but haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet but so far haven't seen anything. Even under the trunk lip looks good. The rear bumper is the worst....needs to be rechromed but may just wire wheel it with soft brush and clear it?

IMG_20240228_121727538_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_121702227_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_121752651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_122747924_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_122800387_HDR.jpg

Woo and/or hooo.

Three on the tree and knee-knocker acee.

The interior needs to shed that plastic crap....can't believe it's still on there lol. Even the sun visors have it.

IMG_20240228_123320468.jpg

IMG_20240228_124130625_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_124141686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240228_124207094.jpg

Woo and/or hooo.

Three on the tree and knee-knocker acee.
It still has a charge on it but it's low and isn't cooling much.....and I don't mind the 3 on the tree but rather have the shifter on the floor.....hooked up backwards of course lol

The interior needs to shed that plastic crap....can't believe it's still on there lol. Even the sun visors have it.

View attachment 1617720

View attachment 1617721

View attachment 1617725

View attachment 1617728
yeah that plastic gramma ****, probably saved that seat/visors for decades

I remember my stepdad Bob's parents (step grandparents)
had that stuff in every car
Gramma Joe (Josephine) Grampa Robert Sr.,
all mostly Ramblers too
what's the plan for it ?
killer sleeper ?
Maybe 273-318-340-360 Magnum ? (or a take out gen 3 Hemi swap)
nice dual exhaust, knowing you straight pipes :poke:

4 speed on the floor (or a take out 5 speed, with that gen 3 hemi swap)
get rid of the 3 on the tree

Narrowed 8-3/4" 3.91:1 Sure-grip (or 3.23:1-3.55:1 more freeway friendly)
git rid of the one-legged 7-1/4" rear & small 4"x 5 bolt pattern

put some 15" wheels/tire nice radials, w/bigger bolt 4.5"x5 pattern spindles/hubs
(still shitty hubcaps to keep the gramma's car look)
a lil' wider tires in the rear, maybe 60's if they'll even fit

along with the bigger 4.5"x5 bolt pattern hubs & rear axles
do some good front Disc brakes/UPGRADE (get rid of the 9" drums)
do a dual master cylinder, for safety sake for everyone else on the road,
at a min.

maybe even some sway bars, front & rear, maybe a TB change too
so it can actually handle & drive more like a modern car

leave the outside looking like a Gramma's car
that it is right now
Have fun

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

Last edited:
Love the look of the 64 Darts. My brother had one in high school. This one looks like a very nice project car.

Me likey! :thumbsup:
Well, at least the /6 has enough power to turn the a/c compressor, if little else. :)

I was guna say, you gotta clean the **** stain on the driver's seat. LOL

Congrats Davey Jimmy!
Tanks!! The stain in the driver's seat looks like some of the other ones in the thing.....stinking it's a discoloration of the plastic stuff.
yeah that plastic gramma ****, probably saved that seat/visors for decades

I remember my stepdad Bob's parents (step grandparents)
had that stuff in every car
Gramma Joe (Josephine) Grampa Robert Sr.,
all mostly Ramblers too
what's the plan for it ?
killer sleeper ?
Maybe 273-318-340-360 Magnum ? (or a take out gen 3 Hemi swap)
nice dual exhaust, knowing you straight pipes :poke:

4 speed on the floor (or a take out 5 speed, with that gen 3 hemi swap)
get rid of the 3 on the tree

Narrowed 8-3/4" 3.91:1 Sure-grip (or 3.23:1-3.55:1 more freeway friendly)
git rid of the one-legged 7-1/4" rear & small 4"x 5 bolt pattern

put some 15" wheels/tire nice radials, w/bigger bolt 4.5"x5 pattern spindles/hubs
(still shitty hubcaps to keep the gramma's car look)
a lil' wider tires in the rear, maybe 60's if they'll even fit

along with the bigger 4.5"x5 bolt pattern hubs & rear axles
do some good front Disc brakes/UPGRADE (get rid of the 9" drums)
do a dual master cylinder, for safety sake for everyone else on the road,
at a min.

maybe even some sway bars, front & rear, maybe a TB change too
so it can actually handle & drive more like a modern car

leave the outside looking like a Gramma's car
that it is right now
Have fun

View attachment 1617761
Thinking about leaving it pretty much as is but the thought of sticking in an 8 3/4 has already crossed my mind and still have a couple of housings laying around. One is already clean and painted and still have a couple of different gear ratios to chose from....one is a 3.91 and a 4.10 and even have a 4.88 :D It will get a straight pipe as it needs a new exhaust system anyways. Been running straights since the mid 70's and don't see any reason to change my ways!

Man i want that just how it is.... a '64 was one of my first cars, i still think it's about as good as darts got (the grille is perfect)... i can't believe how original that, i hope you keep it that way and make a cool driver.. but do what ya love :)

Tanks!! The stain in the driver's seat looks like some of the other ones in the thing.....stinking it's a discoloration of the plastic stuff.

Thinking about leaving it pretty much as is but the thought of sticking in an 8 3/4 has already crossed my mind and still have a couple of housings laying around. One is already clean and painted and still have a couple of different gear ratios to chose from....one is a 3.91 and a 4.10 and even have a 4.88 :D It will get a straight pipe as it needs a new exhaust system anyways. Been running straights since the mid 70's and don't see any reason to change my ways!
Have fun with it... :thumbsup:

I'd be tempted to do like a;
v8 Magnum 5.2ltr/5.9ltr (roller motor) Dakota/Ram 2wd engine trans drivetrain swap
put a 4bbl & electric fuel pump on it, earlier distributor & no computer BS
"cheap" easy swap & decent power, easy on the eyes, fit no problems,
be fun too
some custom engine mounts, except the rear would need to be narrowed,
'you got that'
maybe lil' suspension, shocks etc. & TB, I'd 'do brakes, wheels tires' at a min.
'stuff for safety'
but that's me...

you do you :luvplace:

Last edited:
Keep the AC for sure... also... that's not a B-body.. not sure you can stay here now :)

Man i want that just how it is.... a '64 was one of my first cars, i still think it's about as good as darts got (the grille is perfect)... i can't believe how original that, i hope you keep it that way and make a cool driver.. but do what ya love :)
I'm leaning to keeping it like it is. Would like to convert to a floor shift but don't plan on doing that. The column shift still feel good and snug....
Keep the AC for sure... also... that's not a B-body.. not sure you can stay here now :)
Oh I plan on keeping the AC!! Gets too hot here and for too long not to have working AC. Also plan on staying here lol. Last time to have an A body was in the mid 80's. The early Darts has some meaning in my life as my first stick car to drive by myself was a 63 Dart when 13 plus I liked the 63 that brought me 2000 miles to the south. Had hoped to have it as my first car but dad had other ideas about it. Don't think he liked it all that much as it as a step down for him back then. For me, anything with wheels was good :)

How long has that thing been sitting...it looks like it was parked 30 years ago but taken care of. I would rub out that paint though i bet it comes back nice

How long has that thing been sitting...it looks like it was parked 30 years ago but taken care of. I would rub out that paint though i bet it comes back nice
Last time it was registered was in 82....and from the original owner. It came with the original title.

2024-1964=60 years=720 months

Only 5 months late @Cranky ?
:lol:

Some call it a box cooler.
Don't care what it's called so long as it cools!! lol But it is bulky looking vs what came in the later Darts. Also it intrudes into the passenger side leg room. Noticed that right away....

Auto Transport Service
Back