• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Only

I thought you got a chrome bumper for 64 maybe I wrong sorry.
I did... it's sitting right there... under the Bee.
carsinshopmar212022 016.jpg

Hey !
Just new to the forum…
I’ve been doing my best to finish up the body/paint on this 64 Belvedere
Doing everything in my garage and so far it’s been going fairly well
I ordered medium turquoise and it’s fairly close to the original color
Trying to stick to the original white over turquoise…..

AF0BD9EE-5B4C-437F-A569-7F81262C8ACA.jpeg DF7E18CD-E373-4BB2-BF18-0C2A54F5A218.jpeg

Here's our '64. We towed it home from Florida in 2009. It's a nice driver with a Poly. I was going to Max Wedge it until I unexpectedly stumbled onto the Satellite. Now that car gets all of the attention and the Belvedere mostly waits quietly. I hope to change that once we add on to the garage and can keep both cars at home all the time.

View attachment 1038768

We did have both of them home for awhile this past summer and burned through a tank of gas with the Belvedere.

View attachment 1038769

Nice work, 64 Plan B! Our '64 was originally close to yours in color. Ours is white over (supposed to be) dark turquoise. A much better color than the aqua the previous owner painted it. I always wanted to repaint it the original colors, but I think we might put it up for sale this spring. The pictures are better than the car really is.

Do you have the door panels? They can be impossible to find in this market.
Maybe clean up the interior, so people can see your good work.
I can fab most any door panel.
Hard to do the heavy work anymore nut I will continue to work on it hopefully finish it and drive it till I crock. Thanks all.

barbee,Sometimes cars sell when you are not trying. I answered a "Want" ad. Sent some photos and got a "What's those cars in the background ?"
Sold everything to 1 guy, cars, parts, trailer. Sometimes it just is the right place,right time.

barbee,Sometimes cars sell when you are not trying. I answered a "Want" ad. Sent some photos and got a "What's those cars in the background ?"
Sold everything to 1 guy, cars, parts, trailer. Sometimes it just is the right place,right time.
I agree. I have a pic with the 2 64 Ply and in the background is my wife's 62 Lancer. I had 3 guys ask if it was for sale. But they want to give me $1000 for a perfect car. Not that Road Toads are worth much, but! LOL
Wife claims it!

Here is my 64. I have the interior pulled out right now. Switching it over to red superstock Gary Ball. I rebuilt the heater box, bulkhead, firewall insulation...things like that. I should post some build threads. May help some people. :)

IMG_8692.jpg
3855A235-2024-43C2-A2E0-961D444EF580.JPG

heres my project 64 330 started life a police car turned into a street racer witha 426 max wedge (DASDERDLY DAN AND THE SUNDOWN DODGE) Gotta a 426 with max wedge heads and a hilborn stack injection for it and poibly a straight axel

64 330.jpg

Here is my 64. I have the interior pulled out right now. Switching it over to red superstock Gary Ball. I rebuilt the heater box, bulkhead, firewall insulation...things like that. I should post some build threads. May help some people. :)

View attachment 1270984 View attachment 1270985
That really looks amazing!
Good to see another great example of these classics
Was the heater box rebuild fairly straightforward? I have a non a/c car and someone pulled the blower motor out in the past… looks like most everything else is still there - any advice would be appreciated!

That really looks amazing!
Good to see another great example of these classics
Was the heater box rebuild fairly straightforward? I have a non a/c car and someone pulled the blower motor out in the past… looks like most everything else is still there - any advice would be appreciated!

I have about 50 photos of the box being disassembled, painted and rebuilt. I can throw a thread together soon and share it. My car had no hoses routed to it when I bought it so I was unsure if it leaked. I HAD to remove and check to be sure. It was straightforward but I took plenty of time getting familiar with it first. I had the heater core pressure tested locally and the control valve sent out to be rebuilt plus the rebuild seals and gaskets from DMT. About $200 total. Fun project. Let me know what you need.

0F2ACE8F-5216-48BF-AFF1-2511E405269F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have about 50 photos of the box being disassembled, painted and rebuilt. I can throw a thread together soon and share it. My car had no hoses routed to it when I bought it so I was unsure if it leaked. I HAD to remove and check to be sure. It was straightforward but I took plenty of time getting familiar with it first. I had the heater core pressure tested locally and the control valve sent out to be rebuilt plus the rebuild seals and gaskets from DMT. About $200 total. Fun project. Let me know what you need.

View attachment 1272001
In regard to the heater box ; do I need to pull the dash out to get at the heater core, and/or blower motor?
The wind shield is out now and it would be great to fix up the heater etc sooner than later
Thanks

2B68D5B6-FB4E-4500-89D8-3905CA15906F.jpeg
D1F1C3DB-5F6E-416B-90E9-0CE956E86317.jpeg
In regard to the heater box ; do I need to pull the dash out to get at the heater core, and/or blower motor?
The wind shield is out now and it would be great to fix up the heater etc sooner than later
Thanks

you will need to remove it and take the cover off of the box to access the heater core. Three studs go through the firewall with nuts on the engine side and there are two bolts that hold the box in on the cab side to brackets. The blower can be removed from the box while it’s in the car, it’s on the passenger side of the box.

Do you know if anyone is reproducing that large air intake hose?

Auto Transport Service
Back