• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Only

I got that one at battery central.
It looks like Mancini has them too?

Question about battery vent tubes. Do they come out on gas tank side of frame rail or outside and any corrosion caused by them? Great car.

Does Jim's Battery mfg have them? I know he has the others.

Question about battery vent tubes. Do they come out on gas tank side of frame rail or outside and any corrosion caused by them? Great car.
They come out right over the frame. No corrosion, just for looks. It’s a new style sealed battery.

Does Jim's Battery mfg have them? I know he has the others.
Not sure? it’s kind of hard to find the website. There is plenty of info about Jim’s , and phone numbers.
If the info I read is correct, Jim’s is the sole manufacturer for these resto batteries?

That was my impression I have bought several. Some before he owned the company and some after.

He (The owner of the 64 Dodge) has a Magnum wagon too !

It must be a thing. I had 2 '64 Dodge Polaras and a 2005 Magnum R/T wagon. Polara 500 convertible and Magnum are gone now.

Niiice, Can I ask You a question ? So you have a floor shift/console. What does the plug look like in the Oval hole down under the master cylinder and under the steering tube at the bottom just over the frame where the cables would come out on a push button car ?? a regular plastic oval plug doesnt fit it....

Can I ask everyone a question ? On a floor shift/console car. What does the plug look like in the Oval hole down under the master cylinder and under the steering tube at the bottom just over the frame where the cables would come out on a push button car ?? a regular plastic oval plug doesnt fit it....It seems to be a little smaller. I see the boots for manual cars, and I see the ones for the twin cables on a push button.... But what does a floor shift car have ?? Thanks

Niiice, Can I ask You a question ? So you have a floor shift/console. What does the plug look like in the Oval hole down under the master cylinder and under the steering tube at the bottom just over the frame where the cables would come out on a push button car ?? a regular plastic oval plug doesnt fit it....
There is not much that is stock or "Correct" about my 64'. The console is from a 65', mine originaly came with a push button auto. I also didn't use the factory style wiring so i got rid of the bulk head connection and i'm pretty sure that i used the firewall hole that your'e talking about for wiring.

There is a rubber plug for that hole. (clutch rod/shifter cables) Contact Joe Suchy.

399A41FF-E3A9-4ABC-9201-C39DE1952FC9.jpeg

OK,
I have bought tons from Joe.... I'll call him.
At first I thought a regular oval plug would work but the hole is a little to small...

OK,
I have bought tons from Joe.... I'll call him.
At first I thought a regular oval plug would work but the hole is a little to small...
I just sold a guy a plastic firewall plug at Carlisle that fits the hole perfect.
I tested it on a firewall I had there with me
Ed

Can I ask everyone a question ? On a floor shift/console car. What does the plug look like in the Oval hole down under the master cylinder and under the steering tube at the bottom just over the frame where the cables would come out on a push button car ?? a regular plastic oval plug doesnt fit it....It seems to be a little smaller. I see the boots for manual cars, and I see the ones for the twin cables on a push button.... But what does a floor shift car have ?? Thanks

What? you missed this one in Carlisle?:lol:

20190707_151604.jpg

Here's mine at D42 about 20 years ago with a 509 cammed 440 and a slick Hemi 4-speed. It ran 12.10 with a 3.55 gear.
Gus

5332256-READY2.JPG

No, The backdrop was built to match the car. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back