• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Only

Thanks Dan, It's obvious a ton of $$, time & effort have gone into your car as well. I envy guys who don't worry or care about originality but rather build them the way they want. I enjoy getting a car as correct as possible. Once it's done I get in the mindset of not wanting to drive it much as to not undo all the work. This is where the fun stops. But if I had any other car things would probably be the same. Crazy huh

Thanks Dan, It's obvious a ton of $$, time & effort have gone into your car as well. I envy guys who don't worry or care about originality but rather build them the way they want. I enjoy getting a car as correct as possible. Once it's done I get in the mindset of not wanting to drive it much as to not undo all the work. This is where the fun stops. But if I had any other car things would probably be the same. Crazy huh
You need a beater car! By that I don't really mean a junk pile but something that ticks the other boxes for you. I understand exactly what your'e saying about a lot of the fun is had during the "chase" or quest to build a nice car in any build style. A lot of the fun comes from the parts hunting, research, and history learned along the way. I have had more than a couple of "Where does our sickness come from" conversations with my car guy buddies. That's probably a whole conversation onto itself. A have a friend of mine that has a real nice hot rod and a well worn Falcon that he drives the wheels off of. He feels the same way about his 32' that you do. He drives the Falcon alot and deals with the small rust spots, rattles, seemingly excessive maintenance needs because it somehow keeps him, as he says , "In the hot rod fold" and reminds him of his younger days. When he opens the garage door and sees his 32' he falls in love all over again every time. He needs two cars.

image.jpeg

More '64 race car kits. These are all Detroit area racers, except Grand Spaulding from Chicago.

P3020026.JPG

P3020023.JPG

P7100011.JPG

P7100014.JPG

P8250027.JPG

P8250030.JPG

PA280015.JPG

PA280016.JPG

I crawled under the Fury today to confirm the below picture. Definitely not a 383! Casting block # is 2532230. That was a really nice surprise!
20221114_173108.jpg

Christmas came early

That's cool. Is that the plastic assembly car model? I'd love to find one. Any name anywhere? Thx!
It's a little die-cast hot wheels type car. My buddy got it for me, it came as a Keychain with a hole drilled in the back.
I have real black 330 2dr twin to it. (In sad shape)

You need a beater car! By that I don't really mean a junk pile but something that ticks the other boxes for you. I understand exactly what your'e saying about a lot of the fun is had during the "chase" or quest to build a nice car in any build style. A lot of the fun comes from the parts hunting, research, and history learned along the way. I have had more than a couple of "Where does our sickness come from" conversations with my car guy buddies. That's probably a whole conversation onto itself. A have a friend of mine that has a real nice hot rod and a well worn Falcon that he drives the wheels off of. He feels the same way about his 32' that you do. He drives the Falcon alot and deals with the small rust spots, rattles, seemingly excessive maintenance needs because it somehow keeps him, as he says , "In the hot rod fold" and reminds him of his younger days. When he opens the garage door and sees his 32' he falls in love all over again every time. He needs two cars.
I was 18 (I'm 65 now), and my buddy buys a '66 Corvette. He worshipped that car but rarely drove it. Paranoid to 'being fiberglass, I don't want to chip the paint.' Twenty years or so later, he sells it. He regrets he rarely ever enjoyed it. I'll never forget that.

My take? Unless you're a straight collector, if it's got tires, roll it. I feel sorry for the cars that aren't driven.

I feel sorry for the cars that aren't driven.
That's why I sold off my high dollar Mopars. Built myself a beater. Don't care if nothing matches,Primer paint but a sound car.Old school all the way.
Maybe not for others but right for me. A parts car I just couldn't part with.
Built it out of mostly used parts.Only spent money on safety. I feel like I am back in high school. They type of Mopar I drove back then.

IMG_2968.jpg

Last edited:
Back when you could find these cars for $50. Found a used narrowed D60, built my own subframe connectors. Car eventually went 10's without too much work.

IMG_20180629_0008.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back