• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Plymouth Savoy

Nitro Fish

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm sorta new here but I like what I see and read. I have two questions. # 1 - Interior question. If I buy a Savoy with blue interior and want to change it to Red. Does someone reproduce ( New ) stock original looking interior in Red for the Savoy or Belvedere ? # 2 - Grille question. Does someone reproduce an 64 Plymouth Hemi grille. The grille with one headlite on each side. Thanking You all in Advance. Sincerely, Bernie

#1: Check Legendary Interiors for Interior Colors and Patterns for your Project. Gary Ball also has the Door panels in Red, possibly the A990 seat covers ? If you're looking for OEM material to upholster Era Correct, check with SMS in Oregon. I believe they also may make the seat covers to stock detail, but be prepared to wait...
#2: Bill Petro, alias "Special T Bill" can make one for you. Top Notch work, but you Pay for What you get. I'm sure there are others around that can produce these...

Chrysler just did a cut and splice job to make the one headlight grill. You would need an extra grill to do this yourself. I believe there are guys on here who have made their own, that might chime in.

Chrysler just did a cut and splice job to make the one headlight grill. You would need an extra grill to do this yourself. I believe there are guys on here who have made their own, that might chime in.
Thank You very much for the Info. Dave. I certainly appreciate that.

Here is a pick of my grill. It is definitely made from two grills. You can see 3 bolts from each side where the outer sections of one grill were added to the inner section of another. The radius of the light cutouts does not match the head lights, but would match the inner lights on a car without the inner lights removed. The grill is in 3 pieces and just screwed together to the core support.
grill.jpg

That’s not how I make the Dodge Polara Super Stock grilles. I weld them.

#1: Check Legendary Interiors for Interior Colors and Patterns for your Project. Gary Ball also has the Door panels in Red, possibly the A990 seat covers ? If you're looking for OEM material to upholster Era Correct, check with SMS in Oregon. I believe they also may make the seat covers to stock detail, but be prepared to wait...
#2: Bill Petro, alias "Special T Bill" can make one for you. Top Notch work, but you Pay for What you get. I'm sure there are others around that can produce these...
VANDAN, Thank You very much for all this information. It looks like I have a pretty good selection to choose from. I just need to do my home work. Again - Thank You - Sir

Dave6T4: Thank You for Your information and and Your response. I appreciate that. Thank You - Sir

Here is a pick of my grill. It is definitely made from two grills. You can see 3 bolts from each side where the outer sections of one grill were added to the inner section of another. The radius of the light cutouts does not match the head lights, but would match the inner lights on a car without the inner lights removed. The grill is in 3 pieces and just screwed together to the core support.
View attachment 1541551
ksurfer2: Thank You for the information and the picture of Your 64 Dodge. When You get some free time I would like to see a picture of the rest of the Car. From what I see it looks awesome. Again, Thank You - Sir.

khryslerkid: Thank You very much for this picture. I saved it. I am new to this site. I will have to figure out where to go to see the saved photo's. I suppose I need to go to the area where You introduce yourself. I will do that when I have time. My brother and myself each want a 64 Savoy. He wants Red only. I personally like Black or Red even White. So glad You shared this Photo. Well - Thank You very much - Sir.

That’s not how I make the Dodge Polara Super Stock grilles. I weld them.
Hello 5.7hemi: Thank You for your response. I have a question ? You said You weld them. I'm assuming You TIG weld the grilles. Am I right ? When I was a lot younger I could TIG weld aluminum fairly well. Haven't tried to in years though. I think it would be hard to gas weld them. But maybe MIG would work. I haven't MIG welded very much in my lifetime. Again, Thank You Very Much - Sir for Your information and chiming in.

You could use a spool gun on a Mig welder, that will do the job. I Tig weld the grilles, and due to the aluminum used back in the day, you can see where they are welded cause of the aluminum tig rod.

Auto Transport Service
Back