• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 polara brake question

lnt-1000

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Ok I’m back to working on the brakes on my 64 polara with drum in the rear and disc up front with a dual master cylinder , as of now it doesn’t have a proportioning valve which someone stated earlier that I do need one . Do I also need a distribution block? These are manual brakes, I tried to install a power brake set up from Classic Industries but my hood would not clear the master cylinder so I’m going to return it and stick with the manual set up.

I recently did a disc swap on my 64 Fury. YES, get the distribution block! Inline Tube makes one for the early b bodies that bolts right in place of the original block, but splits the lines to the rear away from the two front lines. You really will want this.....

The O.E distribution block will be fine by blocking the port to the rear brakes and plumbing in the adjustable prop valve in line from master to rear brakes. Or do what BBD said.

I recently did a disc swap on my 64 Fury. YES, get the distribution block! Inline Tube makes one for the early b bodies that bolts right in place of the original block, but splits the lines to the rear away from the two front lines. You really will want this.....
The way it’s set up now which is how I bought it is one line from m/c is plumbed directly to rear brake line and the other line is plumbed to a tee for both front brakes

classic industries sells a universal proportion valve and distribution block all in one with a rotary adjustment to regulate rear brakes. Any thoughts on this set up?

Most of the time you will not need the rear adjustable valve. Recommend the distribution block and driving it.

Distribution block!!! All day long. ruffcut

One more question if I change to power steering which car originally was but then converted to a manual box can I use the same pitman arm on the power box as long as both are 11/8” shaft?

Auto Transport Service
Back