• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Tire Size??

dodge413

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
I've got a 64 Polara 440 4door with a poly 318. The rims are the stock 14 inch steel. I mounted 205-75-14's on them. I'm not sure if they are the correct size for the car... Does anyone know what they should be? Thanks!!!

I have original bias plys on mine so when I get home this afternoon I will send you the size ... you should be able to cross reference to a modern radial size.

I've got a 64 Polara 440 4door with a poly 318. The rims are the stock 14 inch steel. I mounted 205-75-14's on them. I'm not sure if they are the correct size for the car... Does anyone know what they should be? Thanks!!!

There is a bunch of "posts" on this matter recently. I'll look it up for you.
Because I asked for my 63 Max Wedge Clone Polara.
The "search" link works well.
"Super-bee_ski"

OK: from two members posted in MAY 2012
1. 'rrowdy" states:

Front: 15X7 w/ 3.5" back space
235-60-R15

Rear: 8.5X15 w/ 4.5 back space zero offset
275-60-15

2. 383man:

Front: 215-75-15
Front: 6" rim Torque Thrust

Rear: 30X9-15 Hoosiers
Rear: 7" rim, w/4.5" offset

"Super-bee_ski"

original size should have been 7.50x14 or 7.75x14. a 215 or 225x75 might have been a better choice for those 14" wheels.

well the maxies did come with 14" wheels and tires. I guess they did tear the tires off in a burn-out.

64 Polara Tire Size

Thanks for the info. I have the max wedge stainless steel dog dish hub caps for the 14 inch steel wheels. I wonder if there is a 15 inch steel rim that still would work with my dog dish hub caps. Does anyone know if they exist? I would classify the caps as 10 in diameter. Thanks for the help!!

Correct

The original tire size for a 318 car would have been 775 x 14 which is a bias tire. The correct conversion in a radial would be 205/75/14. You did good! :happy7:

Thanks for the info. I have the max wedge stainless steel dog dish hub caps for the 14 inch steel wheels. I wonder if there is a 15 inch steel rim that still would work with my dog dish hub caps. Does anyone know if they exist? I would classify the caps as 10 in diameter. Thanks for the help!!

They do exist, but hard to come by. If you want to convert to 15", you can use the 68 and later wheel and use a hub cap adapter so you can use your 9 3/4 early Caps. There a guy in Calif. producing them. PM me if you want the info.

14" are very hard to come by but I was able to pick up a new matched set on rims for $200.00...225 75R 14

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKm4E3VNTmf+-BN2nuCdL!g~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKm4E3VNTmf+-BN2nuCdL!g~~_12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 362
  • Done right side.jpg
    Done right side.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 354
  • withtrim.jpg
    withtrim.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 356
I may be wrong but the early Dodge vans (and Ford Econo vans) had 15 '' wheels that fit the larger dog dish. I had at one time 1 of each. The Ford had the larger hole for the valve stem. Asked Stockton wheel about putting 15'' hoops on 14'' centers but was told that something was different with the 14's and couldn't be done. That was 10 years ago so things may have changed since then.

hub cap adapters

They do exist, but hard to come by. If you want to convert to 15", you can use the 68 and later wheel and use a hub cap adapter so you can use your 9 3/4 early Caps. There a guy in Calif. producing them. PM me if you want the info.

There's probably quite a few of us would like to have this info. I myself am thinking of running 15's with the large caps. any info would be much appreciated. Thanks John

Hub Cap Adapters

There's probably quite a few of us would like to have this info. I myself am thinking of running 15's with the large caps. any info would be much appreciated. Thanks John

They are listed on E-bag Item # 140836292133(w/pics) or call Larry 310-918-1354 $40.00 plus shipping :thumbsup:

I don't know about the adapters , but you can now build a brand new wheel to use that 10 inch dog dish cap.

Frank

Warning , if these are the same plastic adapters from a guy in the Chicago area , we found they will not work very well on 3 tab steel wheels. They did ok on the 4 tab wheels.

Just saying...
Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back