• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 rear brake drum removal

Ah.. no Gold, so you probably don't know whom Moparmitch is.. sorry. He lives in 'nam half the time.

My gold just expired yesterday, yes I know who Moparmitch is, didn't know he hangs out in Nam.

I've been noticing over seas ebay sellers useing different states in the United States. Ebay needs to do something about this. Very misleading to a buyer and then they have to wait weeks to have the item shipped.

You could cancel the transaction. Notify Ebay and PayPal that the seller is over seas and advertises they are in the states.

After having a "meaningful" conversation with this dude a few minutes ago I received this email just now from Ebay:

You received a refund, fwi97!

eBayLogo.png
[Your order was canceled

Hi Georges,

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address.

They sent a refund to your original payment method.]

btw.....there is nothing wrong with my shipping address, I noticed in this dude's ratings another buyer got that same "wrong address" defense!
Now I am back where I started from a week ago :BangHead::BangHead:

Last edited:
It happens. Seller was getting cold feet. Better off it was cancelled.

Try your local Craig's List. Look through ebay, ect. It took me awhile to find one that wasn't over priced. Do you have any local garages that you are in good with that could loan you one.

I'll give you mine, I'll try to get down there to see what the heck the problem is. Going to the doctor today to see if I need a hip replacement. If not, I may be able to bring the tool to you. Do you have a air compressor ?

I'll give you mine, I'll try to get down there to see what the heck the problem is. Going to the doctor today to see if I need a hip replacement. If not, I may be able to bring the tool to you. Do you have a air compressor ?
My friend has had 3 hip replacements..... Of course he brought it on himself by being a karate and kick boxing pro!!!
I do have access to an air compressor I can use anytime, thanks. My trip to Vegas has been postponed for now, so let me know if you are coming down this way.

You didn't even use a crowbar to keep it from spinning.

It's kind of the reason I did the video. There's several videos on YouTube showing how to do this and the guys are struggling and useing a bar though the puller. It's not necessary as you can see.

I should have recorded the opposite side but it was a little cramped on that side of the car. That side was a little more stubborn. I tightened up the puller about as tight as I dared and it wasn't coming loose. Useing a small sledge I hit the puller's shaft dead on about three times and it popped. That's the other part of the proceedure that I would have liked to had on video.

Having a :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: difficult time trying to back off the brake adjuster star wheel so I can work on getting the drum off. I know there is a lock tab that needs to be pushed in so as to be able to turn the star wheel in the proper direction.

Auto Transport Service
Back