• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Savoy interior trade?

viperakron

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Here is a strange request. My 64 Hemi SS has a fawn Gary Ball interior. I have a possible buyer who prefers a stock bench seat, front and rear, with stock door panels. Anyone have a nice tan Belvedere or Savoy interior that's looking for a SS interior?
What is the company that makes the stock package, is it SMS.

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 437
Here is a strange request. My 64 Hemi SS has a fawn Gary Ball interior. I have a possible buyer who prefers a stock bench seat, front and rear, with stock door panels. Anyone have a nice tan Belvedere or Savoy interior that's looking for a SS interior?
What is the company that makes the stock package, is it SMS.

I hope you have a BIG non refundable deposit from the buyer before you start making changes like this.

I would recommend that you "help him" find a core interior for the car that HE can have recovered to his liking and he should keep the interior in the car for when he wants to sell it.

Yes, buyer would pay for all changes after I give him an estimate on the cost of the conversion. I'm just searching for options here. Cost of cores, seat material and door panels. Or the possibility of a trade for a complete interior, who knows what's out there!? If I can make it happen for a reasonable cost it will work, otherwise I'll keep the car.

interior

Legendary does NOT make Savoy door panels.
I went with SMS and it was a big mistake, they said they would meet my time frame and missed it by more than 3 weeks. When they did arrive one was damaged (crimped) by them and one was not fully embossed.
When I tried to resolve the problem in a timely manner the owner got testy with me so I just gave up and installed the damaged ones. I had all ready missed two major shows. You may want to go with them but I would try other outlets first.

Savoy

Yes you can get SS panels from legendary but not 64 Savoy panels.
Several companys sell SS panels.

Hmmmm. Thats interesting. And I just cut up a great set of original 64 savoy panals just for the top metal to be used in the SS panals. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not getting involved in waiting for SMS to finish an inerior. Still for sale, the way it is.

I'm not getting involved in waiting for SMS to finish an inerior. Still for sale, the way it is.

Smart move.

The buyer that is asking for the interior change just needs to buy it as is and if after owning it can search around for core seats and spend the time and money to do the switch. He is having you jump through hoops that HE needs to be in control of rather than you doing it and then complaining about something he thinks you should have done differently.

Likely after buying the car and others seeing it they will talk him out of it or at the very least suggest he keep the interior if he decides to replace it with something for the family to ride in. The car is NOT a family driver and mom likely won't ride in it a second time unless she is a gearhead anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back