• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

`65 AWB Help Needed

Can anyone identify the vertical brace material under the deck lid hinges? The same material is used on the diagonal braces under the package tray. It is 2" wide, about 1/2" thick, and about .040" thick. This picture was taken in the summer of 65 so it's original. I have photos (summer of 65) of three other Aamblewagon builts cars with the same braces. Is this a Chrysler Part? Or is it some commercial metal that Amblewagon had laying around from their ambulance conversions? Trying to duplicate an original car. AFX Trunk Bracing.jpg

Has anyone ever seen or has a copy of the full scale blueprint? It would be an extremely valuable addition for any conversion project?
Thanks,
Steve

I know a couple guys, here on this board and elsewhere, that have them. They won’t loan them out for fear of them being reproduced. The Hemi blueprint is a perfect example of that. Wish you luck finding a guy to share one with you.

isn't that the same vertical stiffener brace that the use in convertables which I've always heard that they where put in real a990's ???

chooch,
Can you be more specific were you seen this support part? In my 65 parts catalog I don't see anything like this on the convertible tops. A photo would also be nice.
A990's were basically lightweight stockers and didn't have the vertical supports under the deck hinges. Their package tray diagonal supports were stock production parts. Those supports are similar but definitely different than the altered wheelbase cars.

Bluprint

I know a couple guys, here on this board and elsewhere, that have them. They won’t loan them out for fear of them being reproduced. The Hemi blueprint is a perfect example of that. Wish you luck finding a guy to share one with you.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure of the reluctance to share this type info but I'm sure each has a valid reason. I'd be willing to pay a decent price for a good copy - this way the document never leaves the owner's possession. (Losing or having the document damaged would be my greatest fear.) I've never thought that building clones/replicas ever devalued the originals. People knowledgeable of the originals know the difference. But this is just my opinion. I just keep hoping someone will step up to the plate and offer to sell a copy.
Thanks!
Steve

The problem with selling you a copy is that an indefinite number of additional copies can be made. Guys that have paid $500 for that print don't want to take that chance. That exact thing happened with the Hemi engine blueprints and the AWB manual 4208.7

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back