• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 belvedere Craigslist

my 65 sat commando 383 4spd with air , still waiting for me . like your 65 sed . got a couple 63's as well .

05180013.jpg 05180014.jpg 05180015.jpg 05170025.jpg 05180001.jpg 05180002.jpg 05180007.jpg

I'm gonna take apart the front suspension and either swap the 73 discs which I already have or leave the drums whatever I decide I'm gonna replace the usual bushings joints etc and undercoat to make looks pretty one a side weeekend..

20170507_140741.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the correct color to paint the:

-Upper control arm - black?
-Spindle -bare steel?
-Lower control arm bare steel?
-drum - black?

Thanks for all your help

Most ucas & lcas were bare, spindles and drums were bare also! Some had cosmoline applied to the parts other than the drums

i run american magnesiums on my 63 sf mw car . the 4's only race with them . 6's for the street , 10's on the butt all the time . my 65 will end up with americans as well .

63 sport fury mw on desplay at sears point goodouys april me.jpg

Attachments

• scan0007.pdf
    420.5 KB · Views: 157
I have been searching and searching for American magnesium's I cannot find them

have a study rim around here some where . those 4'' are costly . i've found the spindle mounts versions show up at swaymeet for less cost then the bolt on ones . and on one ran them on the street , which cases cracking them . those on the front of mine were spindle mounts , a lot of machining to get them to bolt on . but never streeted . the black one of those pictured has 6's on the noise , just put a narrow tire on them . i've got early vintage 6'' magnesium americans i would sell . if your interested i'll shoot some pics of them . my rims collection alum and magnesium . that is years of collecting . in fact i have the set of american magnesium rims that tommy grove put on the milrose missile 1 car for a bonny saltflats run , went 165ish on them . even still got the american weights on them , i bought them for the tires , firestone bonny speed specials . tire are another story , lol .

DSC07835.JPG DSC07836.JPG DSC07837.JPG DSC09180.JPG DSC09181.JPG DSC09182.JPG DSC01476.JPG DSC01477.JPG DSC01522.JPG DSC01532.JPG

WOW and I thought I had a addiction to wheels !!

have a study rim around here some where . those 4'' are costly . i've found the spindle mounts versions show up at swaymeet for less cost then the bolt on ones . and on one ran them on the street , which cases cracking them . those on the front of mine were spindle mounts , a lot of machining to get them to bolt on . but never streeted . the black one of those pictured has 6's on the noise , just put a narrow tire on them . i've got early vintage 6'' magnesium americans i would sell . if your interested i'll shoot some pics of them . my rims collection alum and magnesium . that is years of collecting . in fact i have the set of american magnesium rims that tommy grove put on the milrose missile 1 car for a bonny saltflats run , went 165ish on them . even still got the american weights on them , i bought them for the tires , firestone bonny speed specials . tire are another story , lol .

View attachment 422506 View attachment 422507 View attachment 422508 View attachment 422509 View attachment 422510 View attachment 422513 View attachment 422515 View attachment 422516 View attachment 422517 View attachment 422518

Is this your personal stash?:thumbsup:

What a stash! I really want to run 15x4 magnesium up front but if I cant find them my back up plan is to run these Studebaker wheels with silvertown 7.10 bias plys for the front... I really don't want to copy but that Mosher look is stuck in my head.

On another note. I think I found a buyer for my barracuda so I should have money for my crossram in a week or so... :) Now I have to find the right used elephant! or I might be effing up and just fix up the 413 and keep some cash in my pocket.. I don't know. I kinda wanna go all the way motor wise I feel like there is some history already with this car and I want to make sure I preserve it if that makes sense.... I'm conflicted the only reason why I was selling the barracuda was to buy a hemi...

fwi , that correct . american was my favorite rims from back in the day , still got my first set i bought used . have some really cool designs from early day of the company and a couple found the founder romeo palamdes . those rims i posted are an early american , a palamides design . one is broke on a run at saltflats with tommy grove driving . when american first started producing rims , they did not get a good poor and alot of mold shift between the dies , caused a lot of rim to break under loads , straight shot on the salt until you turn to return . but the air pressures in the tires where @ 100psi , given mold shift and poor quality poors .it took a bit of a learning curve . they got right for a long time . i think one if not the oldest custom/ hotrod/ race rim company around . but can you feel that ride breaking that rim on the rear , that tire has marks on both side walls from bouncing off the inner fender well . tires and rims are only 7'' wide that well is 12'' or better . that *** was shaking !

DSC01514.JPG DSC01515.JPG DSC01516.JPG DSC01517.JPG DSC01518.JPG DSC01519.JPG

Look at that sucker is busted I got my skinny just will have to keep dreaming until I can find em:)

received_10208016950895655.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back