• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere engine harness

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking of replacing the engine wire harness for my 65 Belvedere wagon. It's a 360 small block with electronic ignition conversion. What brand is good and what should I stay away from?

Engine1.jpg

That really is a personal choice. Painless seems to be the go to I have heard good things also about Parts Hound.

Painless is a build it yourself deal, not made for the car and plug it in.

of you want a stock harness ready to plug in get the 273 harness. Some places have them already worked for electronic, butmo don’t know if that is for a 4 or 5 pin ECU.

4 pin works fine as a replacement on a five pin system but the you can't use a 5 on a system designed for the 4 pin.

I've used YnZ. High quality, super nice, top quality correct tracers etc. I believe they list only up to '62 models in catalog, but I think they would do your '65 also.

I got my 65 engine harness (383) from Evans Wiring. It’s a really nice product. I’m just about ready to start hooking it up.

I just looked up Evans. Very reasonable prices.

Try Evans wiring Harnesses, very good people.
Are Evans Wiring harness' OEM exact? Just trying to see which is more correct appearance Evans or M&H

Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back