• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 cornet post sedan fender stanchion questions.

mentor70

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
so while making some inspections of my 65 today, i made an interesting observance that i cant figure out.

basically, the story goes like this: my car had a fender, and inner fender replaced on the passenger side of the car from an accident some years ago. the friend i got the car from repaired the pass. side with a inner fender and front fender off a parts car, and it looks legit, but the drives side of the car (which is all original im told) has a lower fender support, but the inner fender has NO provision for the support, no holes, no nut inserts or anything.

looking ideas of why the car is like this, and options of how to repair this delima.

thanks!

Attachments

• 20150818_191112_resized_1.jpg
    20150818_191112_resized_1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20150818_191125_resized_1.jpg
    20150818_191125_resized_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 20150818_191144_resized_1.jpg
    20150818_191144_resized_1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 232
I'll look when I go over to the shop. Only thing is it won't be until this weekend.

I think there should be a threaded hole or something. Just for Sh@# and Giggles I'll check my Belvedere also. I'll try to give you an updated tomorrow

I'll have to look at our Coronet. The fenders are off my Belvedere and I can't remember where the struts were.
I can see threaded holes in the from frame by where the bumper brackets bold up... I think that's where they bolt in, and there are also holes in the bottom front of the fender. I'm pretty sure that's where they go. I'll be over at the shop this weekend sometime and I can look. I know there on the Coronet.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Morning, I haven't had time to be on here much recently and just saw this post. Hopefully these photos will help a little. As far as I know my 65 has not been apart or damaged. I can try to get you more pics or info if this doesn't get you what you need.
Ken
IMG_0278[1].jpg
IMG_0279[1].jpg
IMG_0280[1].jpg
IMG_0281[1].jpg

that helps a little.

i wonder if some cars even had the stanchions at all.

or if someone was just not doing there job one day back in 65...lol...

i guess ill need to find the insert to place in the inner fender to make it proper...i could get it off pretty much anything of that era.

Auto Transport Service
Back