• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet hood pin location ideas

biff426

Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for pictures of 65 coronets with hood pins. Looking for where you mounted the pins under the hood and what kit you used.

Thanks

My 64 is mounted as pictured. Easy to do. No flex.
Doug

IMG_1956.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1798.jpg

Photo of my 65 Belvedere. I think the rad supports are the same as the Dodge.
IMG_1796.jpg
The only reason that I have them is the hood was already cut for the scoop and pins that I got at Carlisle.

Thanks yeah my hood has a scoop and was cut already. I am scared with a metal scoop and 130mph trap speeds the stock hood latch may not be the best thing to use alone. I wanted to make sure a stock resto type hood pin kit would work wasn’t sure if they would be long enough.

I bought mine,a Mopar kit that was for a E Body.

Mine are aluminum. The front ones were to short and rear to long in the location I showed. Iused the rear cut offs with a piece of 5/8" aluminum round stock drill and threaded 1/2x20 two connect the front pins to the cutoff pieces. This forward location works well. Trap speed 145-150
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back