• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 dodge coronet high beams only

65coronet70dart

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
How come when i turn my lights on, i only get high beams which is low beam and high beam a total of 4 lights, but when i hit the low/high beam switch on the floor and go to low beam i get no lights. another intestering thing, if i have the park lights only, the front clearance lights work, but as soon as i turn the lights on (high beams) my front clearance lights go out.

Also i don't have any reverse lights, would that just be the switch on the transmission?

Also have a 70 dart, and i bought a 12 gallon fuel cell with a sending unit matching the factory specs and i hooked it up and get nothing on the dash?

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 169
Sounds like your floor dimmer switch is bad for the lights.

X2 on the dimmer switch! And back up light switch on the column, or the shifter if it has console!

i see, i will try that, where can i find a back up switch? i found a dimmer from napa

Also, although it's unlikely, make sure the low beams actually work. There are two filaments inside the outside bulbs, high beam is a different light and aiming pattern than low, hence the three prongs.

even though the low beam bulbs come on with the brights are on? i thought when low beams are on, only the two inner head lights come on, and then when you hit the dimmer, the two outside head lights come on for high beam, just like my picture about

With the low beams on the outer bulbs should be to the outside, not on the inside!

oh ya, vice versa my bad. should still be a total of 2 low sealed beam bulbs and 2 high sealed beam bulbs

even though the low beam bulbs come on with the brights are on? i thought when low beams are on, only the two inner head lights come on, and then when you hit the dimmer, the two outside head lights come on for high beam, just like my picture about

Yes, the low beam bulbs light up when the brights are on, but not the low beam filament. There is both a high beam and a low beam setting on the outer sealed beam bulbs and if the low beam is burned out the high beam will still function.

i see, i guess it is just odd how both of them are out at the same time when they were working before...but i will check them and maybe try the dimmer switch.

Now how about the reverse light switch, is it under the dash connected to the steering column shifter linkage. where can i find a replacement switch?

I'm not sure about your year, sorry. I know on later ones like 69 and up, the switch is on the transmission itself. If automatic, it's a combined neutral start/reverse light switch. If a four speed, it's just the reverse.

It is located on the steering column! I don't think new ones are available! Used is your only option!

Auto Transport Service
Back