• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Only

Gitex, can you tell me the measurement from the back edge of the hood to the back edge of your hood scoop?
they were mounted flush with the back edge
65_004.jpg

'65 Belvedere II ...going thru another transformation... one more time. 440 is out, being gone thru / rebuilt for completion some time in 1Q22.

ramp.jpg enginebayprep1.jpg enginebayprep2.jpg EngineOut4.jpg

My brother's 65 Satellite ... 383 ... T/F

1965 Satellite & Bill 6-26-21 c.jpg

My 65 Belvedere II ... 426 Wedge ... 4-Speed

2021 10-11 (5).JPG

I need some heat shields for my 64 426 as well. I have stock exhaust manifolds and those things are 800F at idle. I think its making the power steering fluid too hot, plus it sucks all that heat in the intake. May need some way to get cool air intake.

You need the power steering return hose heat shield. This is a factory item made out of galvanized material and attaches to the power steering return hose as pictured. I was lucky enough to have found one
here on FBBO after posting a wanted add. It most def helps!
20210813_153756 (1).jpg

Another view of drivers side prior to high heat black application.
20210212_161755.jpg

My brother's 65 Satellite ... 383 ... T/F

View attachment 1192795

My 65 Belvedere II ... 426 Wedge ... 4-Speed

View attachment 1192799

You and your brother have excellent taste in cars! Question, Does your 426 have all of its exhaust manifold heat shields? #2...Was this car restored in California recently? Thank you! & congrats on a VERY nice looking Belvedere2

You and your brother have excellent taste in cars! Question, Does your 426 have all of its exhaust manifold heat shields? #2...Was this car restored in California recently? Thank you! & congrats on a VERY nice looking Belvedere2

No exhaust shields. It came to me with max wedge manifolds and full TTI exhaust system. Didn't get original manifolds or shields with it. I bought it from a collector in Livermore, CA who bought it from another in SoCal, neither of which claim to have done any resto or mods. If you might know any of this car's history related to or beyond that please PM me & let me know. It has a lumpy cam that doesn't like to idle below 900rpm but I have no clue as to the type or specs on it, or any other internal engine mods it may have for that matter?

Last edited:
Last edited:
No exhaust shields. It came to me with max wedge manifolds and full TTI exhaust system. Didn't get original manifolds or shields with it. I bought it from a collector in Livermore, CA who bought it from another in SoCal, neither of which claim to have done any resto or mods. If you might know any of this car's history related to or beyond that please PM me & let me know. It has a lumpy cam that doesn't like to idle below 900rpm but I have no clue as to the type or specs on it, or any other internal engine mods it may have for that matter?

Ok, it's not the same car I was thinking of. And those heat shields are probably long gone! Ha!

Auto Transport Service
Back