• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 B body 1/4 panel repair parts

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys! Help me out!!! Iam restoring a 67 GTX. Can anyone recommend any decent, usable wheel arch repair panels, trunk extensions,and lower 1/4 patch panels. I know there are a few different companies that sell them, but i have heard that you may as well pound out your own, rather than paying good money for something that is not even close. Is anyone found peices that are usable that you can install a wheel opening moulding, when your done?

There's a guy on here advertizing a 4D parts car. Looks clean i the pics.

4 doors seem to not have the drainage issues that 2Ds have and seem to hold up better.

Those can be made to work, and at least have the factory body lines.

Used Sherman brand panels for my `66 Blevedere II (base model to your GTX). Same thickness as original metal. Attached are a couple photos of panels as they went in. Wheel opening fit perfect. Nobody made an outer wheel house at the time I was having body work done. We cut a patch from a `67 Dart outer wheel house since it was 'closest' in shape. With some metal massaging, it worked fine. Same thing with the rocker panel on the passenger side...it was for a `66 Coronet/ Charger. We just needed the outside skin, which matched up fine. The lower qrtr matched right up. The Sherman trunk extentions are a one size fits multiple cars...your GTX, a Coronet, Charger, etc. It needs to be trimmed accordingly. I ordered one trunk extension and the body guy was able to get patch panels out of it for both sides. I wil look some more for photos of the lower rear qrtr and trunk extensions.

Attachments

• pass rear wheel opening.jpg
    pass rear wheel opening.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 309
  • rocker panel tacked in.jpg
    rocker panel tacked in.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Pass Outer fenderwell test.jpg
    Pass Outer fenderwell test.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 317
No, I did not. My ride doesn't have them. I'm sure it would fit though. The outer skin panel was a good fit.

I bought a lower quarter for my 66 belvedere from goodmark and it wasn't close. I found a four door and cut out the lower quarter. I used the trunk ext from Sherman which was for a 66 coronet it was a little different but my bodyman made it work. AMD told me a few months ago they was working on this piece.

There's a guy on here advertizing a 4D parts car. Looks clean i the pics.

4 doors seem to not have the drainage issues that 2Ds have and seem to hold up better.

Those can be made to work, and at least have the factory body lines.

amd repair panels

I have a pair of AMD wheel arches and trunk floor extensions. I would let them go for 100.00. I can get you some pics if you are interested. I only needed the lower 1/4 panel patches and they fit very good and were the same thickness as oem.

I didnt think amd made wheel arch repair panels for a 67 belvedere, satellite? I am interested in them. Please Send me some pics. What is the measurment from the front of the wheel opening to the front of the panel? Thanks!

I didnt think amd made wheel arch repair panels for a 67 belvedere, satellite? I am interested in them. Please Send me some pics. What is the measurment from the front of the wheel opening to the front of the panel? Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately AMD doesn't have any plans to do anything on patches or quarters for 67s... Sorry.

Thanks for asking though!
Jeff

I was told the same, that they do not make them nor plan to make them. (this was for my 67 Coronet)

repair panels

I will get some pics tonight and send them to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back