• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Belvedere, Satellite, GTX Quarter Panel Survey

I too had to go to Sherman back in '86 because nobody else gave 2 cents about the 66-67 Plymouth B-Bodies.
Those rust repair quarters were far from correct so that had to be a bit of manipulation to set them right.
Not for nothing, but when people like myself were searching for parts, Chrysler still had the stamping to the Plymouth B-Body. Then of course, Mr. Iaccoca had all of that destroyed.

I too needed them for my X I called them once a year for 4 years they said there was no demand the last time I spoke with them they were tooling up for duster quarters. Too late for me now had to improvise AMD lower rear sections and for the wheel lips went with auto body specialties their stuff is not so bad whatever you do do not buy that full length one from ebay I bought the pair and lit my hard earned money on fire trying to play with them they are just too thin and they are not even close

I have mentioned this to Layson's and others many times. You can't sell what you don't have available. The 66-67 Plymouth Belvedere and Dodge Coronet quarter panels would sell if produced. We also badly need 66-67 Dodge Coronet grill surrounds, which are always dented up, and damned expensive to repair.

I would say,
Not to have "Rear Quater panels" ANF Fenders for this ICONIC Muscle car is a wake up call for the Classic Car parts Industry...

We are still monitoring this thread to guage interest..........

Rick

Another item that would probably be cheaper to make and sell just as well would be inner and outer patch panels to fix rot around bottom outer edge of rear window frame similar to these but for 66-67 b bodies. Would fit coronets and belvederes (pretty nice size market)and a lot seem to be rotted in this area.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-68-70-b-body-except-charger-deck-filler-patch-set-p-4709.html

I had to go the donor car method . . .

I needed a rear driver side quarter and I had to go the donor car method to fix it . . .

Old panel cut out of the car . . .

sm_drqtrprepwork05.jpg

Working on fitment for the new panel going on the car . . .

sm_panelback07.jpg

Just tacked it in place last night and I'm working on all the fitment and fine tuning before I weld it in place permanently . . .

I'M INTERESTED WONT NEED THEM FOR AWHILE BUT WILL NEED THEN SOONER OR LATER! GOTTA GET THE 68' DONE FIRST !:headbang:

Since AMD and the rest of these suppliers make none of these parts anyway why not find out who in tiawan is making them? All glass, steel and parts are coming from chinese and Taiwanese tooling companies.

I talked with them at the Carlisle, Pa show and got pretty much the same answer, but he added there just isn't enough being rebuilt to justify tooling cost to produce the parts. News flash maybe it is because there are no parts availble (outer wheelhousings, doors, front fenders, rear quarter and the lsit goes on!) for us 66-67 B-body owners, that it seems no one is redoing these cars. And the scrap yards bend you over on the price because they know that no on remanufactures them. To AMD you are missing out on lots of money, and we all know you like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Just attached a copy of this thread to the AMD folks equiry page maybe they will check it out.

For my `66 Belvedere II, the body man requested full replacement quarters as it would have made his job much easier. Since NOBODY MAKES THEM, I ended up buying Sherman's lower rear quarters and the patch that goes over the wheel opening. I had to get a rocker panel for a `67 Coronet and outer wheel house for a `67 Dart(!) because nobody makes these either. These were as close as I could get. I'm betting the outer wheel houses are probably all the same for `66/ `67 Belvedere I & II (2 & 4 door), Coronet (2 & 4 door), Charger, Satellite, GTX). That's a LOT of birds with one stamp!...see what I did there? :icon_razz:

The current lack of replacement parts for the `66 & `67s can make them a bit of a challenge to restore. But(!) they are gaining in popularity, largely because they are still very affordable cars.

I want thank all of the 66/67 b-body owners that have responded to this thread. Clearly there are a lot of us who are frustrated by the lack of parts for our Belvederes/ Satellites/ GTX and Coronets. Hopefully manufacturers/suppliers will take note and start making parts (especially quarter panels) available to us. As some of you have said it's hard to gauge demand when for something when you have a preconceived notion that there is no demand. Keep the comments coming, maybe Rick at Layson's will take note as he watches this thread. Maybe AMD will open their minds and appreciate the fact that there are 66/67 b-body owners.

Auto Transport Service
Back