• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Charger grill info.

nothingbutdarts

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I tried looking at the search function for an answer to no avail.

Will a 66-67 Charger completed grill with hideaway headlights fit a 66 Coronet with out any modification?

Thank You!

I saw a Coronet at carlisle a few years back with the swap and it looks cool. I think the hardest part will be wiring the switch, relays, limit switches, and hold open switch. I would say to use a Charger dash harness, but Charger gauges are unique with the electroilluminescent cluster...this swap is very possible but will take some research. It would be real cool (and costly) to go with the Charger gauges as well as headlights.

I saw that post already, that was why I was asking. Thank You!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a Coronet at carlisle a few years back with the swap and it looks cool. I think the hardest part will be wiring the switch, relays, limit switches, and hold open switch.

I don't see wiring as a real problem. Though tell me about the limit and hold open switch, what do they do.

I tried looking at the search function for an answer to no avail.

Will a 66-67 Charger completed grill with hideaway headlights fit a 66 Coronet with out any modification?

Thank You!

yes & no...you can bolt everything right in, but it will take some electrical smartness on your part to make the headlights rotate and the lights to operate properly. The Charger has a headlight harness that runs in the front of the grille. It will not mate up correctly to your Coronets harness for even to light up the front lights. Plus, the Charger harness has the wires for the rotating headlights. There is also 3 relays behind the glove box in the Chargers for motors. The electrical between the 2 cars is not compatible with the other. You will also need the 2 front fender "C" chrome pieces that are at the front of fenders to complete the look. Also the hood chrome is different as well

Bryan (owner of a pair of 66 Chargers, see link below)

Auto Transport Service
Back