• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Charger towing boat?

Charger Dana

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I recently saw a picture of a 66-67 Charger towing a boat. It looked like an ad from a magazine, the cars were at a boat launch. I believe it was on FBBO as a response post (or link?), but I can’t seem to find it. Does anyone have it or recall seeing it? Thought it was in relation to a hitch/towing question.
Thanks!

I remember it but heck if I know where it's at these days....

That’s close, but no cigar. I saw the post recently (last two weeks or so) but it may not have been a recent post. Could have been another site, or in a FBBO more general discussion. Thanks for looking though. I did several searches here with tow, hitch, etc. but no luck.

charger boat.jpg

I scanned this photo from the 1965 Chrysler Corp. Annual Report to Stock Holders. The photo in the publication is rather small so its a bit grainy at this size. The '66 Charger also appeared alongside Chrysler boats in TV commercials.

Thank you! That’s the one! I would not have found it in 100 years. Where was it posted before? That’s a rare piece to hold onto I imagine.

-Charger Dana

Thank you! That’s the one! I would not have found it in 100 years. Where was it posted before? That’s a rare piece to hold onto I imagine.

-Charger Dana
Didn't know it was posted before. I pulled out my copy of the 1965 Chrysler Annual Report to scan the photo. The Chrysler Annual Reports show up often enough at some of the bigger literature vendors. They are always interesting as the photos show the next model year's cars and they are usually photos not published anywhere else.
Chrysler Plymouth and Dodge did not start publishing trailer towing brochures with photos till the 67 model year. The first Charger to appear in a trailer towing brochure is a 68 Charger RT shown towing a boat in the 68 Dodge Trailer Towing brochure. The picture from the annual report was the only picture I remembered showing an early Charger with a boat trailer.

Auto Transport Service
Back