• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Hemi Hood Scoop

Wazoo64

Reaction score
I have a 440 stroker in a 67 coronet and had to run a torker 2 intake to barely fit under the hood. I would like to upgrade that intake with a max port style and looking for some fitment answers. If you are running a big block with the hemi hood and a better flowing intake than Torker 2 I would like to hear more about it.
FYI this engine was dynoed with the Super Victor intake and ran very well.

I replaced the Torker with a Victor manifold. I added an AAR fiberglass hood with an extra tall Hemi scoop. With the Victor & a drop base K&N filter, the filter lid sits just at the hood line.

I replaced the Torker with a Victor manifold. I added an AAR fiberglass hood with an extra tall Hemi scoop. With the Victor & a drop base K&N filter, the filter lid sits just at the hood line.
Thanks for the reply. If you have any pics to post or send my way it would be helpful. I would really like to go with the low pro stock hemi scoop. Not sure if its possible.

I'm running an INDY Max Wedge Dominator (4500) flange manifold under an AED 850 Super Mod 4150 Carb built using a 4500 baseplate. I'm also using the 66-67 low style super stock hood, Problem is I don't know if it will fit yet, But I think It will with a low profile air cleaner. So basically I'm in the same boat....

I have a 440 in my '66 Charger. Just swapped from a Torker II to a RPM. Used a drop base and a 3" wix filter. Have 1/2" or so to spare.

I've attached picture of Mike Gaines RO Hood Scoop which I bought.

"I am selling it because I have to go to a MUCH TALLER style scoop to accomodate my Tall Single Plane and Dominator with the 2" adapter which just wont fit under the RO Hemi scoop that I am selling."

Also attached a picture of 66Satellite47 Car as I had it saved on my desktop for inspiration. He is using the extra tall version, with two stanchions. :thankyou:

Mike's old one scoop, only has 1 center stanchion

017.jpg 246158-1415a8f684ecdd687b56109906e79bc7.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 440 in my '66 Charger. Just swapped from a Torker II to a RPM. Used a drop base and a 3" wix filter. Have 1/2" or so to spare.
Does the RPM have the Max Ports needed to match my super victor heads? I have been told I can get the RPM Air Gap to flow as needed but not sure about the RPM.

Thanks for all the replies here.
I am hoping to keep my custom cold air. We modified the air cleaner base to drop it as low as possible. I am using an 1/8 inch phenolic spacer and the air cleaner just barely rubs the hood so there is no way I can use a taller manifold without cutting a hole in the hood. I am only interested in using the low profile scoop.

cold air.jpg

I put a hemi with a tall single-plane, Dominator, and 16" drop-base air-cleaner under the hood of my 67.

2l9odhz.jpg

Depends on which intake you are or plan to run. Manifold height is the issue not intake port size. New style single plane manifolds get tall & right about the limit of a standard height hemi scoop. Ya gotta measure.

Depends on which intake you are or plan to run. Manifold height is the issue not intake port size. New style single plane manifolds get tall & right about the limit of a standard height hemi scoop. Ya gotta measure.
Yes this is what I have been trying to get from this thread. Please read my original post. My Torker 2 Barely fits. I want a max port intake but do not know which one wil fit. I am willing to add the hemi scoop to buy some real estate.

OK, my Torker/850DP, dropbase K&N fit under the stock hood. Sounds like what you have. With my Victor manifold, no spacers, it comes just barely above the stock hood line. I chose an extra tall '66 - 67 Hemi scoop to give me room to play with spacers. It's about 1" taller than the standard Hemi scoop.

OK, my Torker/850DP, dropbase K&N fit under the stock hood. Sounds like what you have. With my Victor manifold, no spacers, it comes just barely above the stock hood line. I chose an extra tall '66 - 67 Hemi scoop to give me room to play with spacers. It's about 1" taller than the standard Hemi scoop.
Ok so it sounds like the stock hemi scoop just might do the job.

I decided to add the hemi hood scoop so I could get the victor intake to fit. Added at least 40 ponies on my 512 stroker and opened up the RPM range quiet a bit. I'm not noticing any extra cooling.

Back