• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-68 ribbed console plates - black accent in grooves or not?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before but probably take half a day to get the right key words to pull up threads with a search.

As delivered by Dodge/Plymouth originally, were the chrome console top plates painted black down in the ribs or not?

Thanks

I just went out and looked at the console in my 1967 R/T. It looks like the grooves between the ribs are painted flat silver, like the borders of the console top.

Huh - well, that’s a twist I didn’t see coming. Thanks.

flat silver along the sides ,,,,,flat black between the ribs

console-tach.jpg

That’s one for silver and one for black. Looks like a tie breaker is needed.

My console looks original and sure looks silver between the ribs. I think it appears darker because of the contrast with the chrome.

73B24CA8-DC61-47F8-8927-74CDE99B2089.jpeg

I'll take a better look at mine later this week,, but I am fairly certain they are black . And as far as I know they are the original console plates

My GTX has the original plate and is in excellent shape the border is painted in a flat or matte silver. In between the ribs looks like it's painted in the same silver under close examination, but the shadow cast from the ribs makes them appear darker.

Auto Transport Service
Back