• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger A/C Switch Wiring Question

scottp57

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I have just replaced my A/C Heater switch that I purchased from Stephens Performance (part # 3895790) but the buttons don't work as they should.

Compressor comes on when you push the a/c button but fan doesn't come on, when you push Max a/c the fan comes on but the compressor turns off.

I saw a post on Summit Racing that sometimes you have to move the wires around (to what sequence wasn't stated). Also said there are you tube videos on this but I didn't find any.

If anybody has any advice...

I dealt with the same issues. Unfortunately we did not buy the correct switch. There is (as far as I can determine) no work-around. Since I have no A/C equipment from the firewall forward, i didn't have to deal with the clutch. The clutch part is easy, however, power to the lower horizontal connector and the upper horizontal connector goes to the clutch. The blower part I managed to get limited function from. I'll look in the garage for the sketch I made.

Thanks David, if you find the wiring diagram it would be a big help.

Scott

Auto Transport Service
Back