• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger - Front End Coming Together

hurmit4life

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
I actually made some progress today in putting things BACK TOGETHER on my 66 Charger. Life and work have just been hectic recently, so it felt good to get something accomplished.

I put a coat of "Underhood Black" in the engine bay, installed the A-Arms and got most of the K-member reassembled today. Before I put the K-member back in place though, I am going to run new brake lines and install the new master cylinder for my disc brake conversion.

Anyway, here are a few photos!

Arm1.jpg

Engine Bay.jpg

KMember1.jpg

KMember2.jpg

What are you using for the disc conversion?

Both the front and rear kits are the type you can get from Jegs, Summits, etc. I could not afford the uber expensive Wilwood or Baer kits, so I opted for something more "budget friendly".

I will tell you that the rear kit has all sorts of SSBC components in it, so it should be a quality kit. That one was purchased from Summit when they had a sale on them a year and a half ago. I think I paid around $400 for it.

The front kit is the "manual brake to full power disc brake kit". It came with everything to do the conversion. I bought it on eBay back in 2008 for my Coronet, but never put it on...so it's going on the Charger. In looking at the kits at Summit, I do not see their branded kits have spindles. I believe the kit I purchased had new spindles included as well.

Got the K-member installed today!

Now I need to take apart the front drum brake assemblies to salvage the bolts that attach the lower ball joints to the steering knuckle. Anyone know if these are offered new somewhere? My disc brake kit (turns out to be made by MBM) does not have these.

Attachments

• Kmember installed.jpg
    Kmember installed.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 230
Auto Transport Service
Back